Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No EPG information on Samsung QE43Q60TAUXXU

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 08:14 PM)
Members_tcpvmNo
First Poster
Options

Hi, can anyone please help.

I have recently purchased a new Samsung UHD TV, model QE43Q60TAUXXU, which I am very please with.  We are considering giving up our Virgin Media contract hoping to rely on Freeview, however the Freeview service in our area is poor, so I have connected my old satellite dish up to the TV as it has a built in Freesat receiver. I have linked it up to both the Astra 28.2E satellite and the Astra 19.2E satellite and tuned both Freesat and Satelitte in.  The picture quality on both is outstanding and very stable, however when you select the EPG guide there is an entry in place of details of the program, which says No Information.  However, if I make selection in this area the channel comes on along with the information and when I go back to the guide the information is there.

Any advice would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Gnarly-Dude
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue! Is there any fix here!

McLean65
Apprentice
Options

same issue, with an older smart TV -  TV guide shows fine for channels sent via ASTRA 19.2E, but nothing, unless in similar situation to above, for channels sent via ASTRA 28.2E.....

naskew
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, I have no answer but I do have the same issue with 28.2E (my Humax box died a few days ago so I switched to using the TV). The EPG is hopeless, you have to select a channel and then go back to see the EPG contents and even then you only see a few entries forward in time or either side of the selected channel. I don't know the model exactly but if is a 65" Q90 series TV (about a year old) and I've just started using it for satellite.

My first thought is to get a dedicated box for satellite possibly with a HDD to record content but then it occurred to me to check if this is a common problem and searching for "astra 28.2 e epg problems" in my favourite search engine suggested that indeed this is a common issue. Presumably there is something going on with this satellite to make official hardware more attractive.

0 Likes
naskew
Journeyman
Options

OK just a little extra for those that might stumble across this later. I have been reading around the subject and it seems that the standard behaviour of showing the current programme and next are what is supported by the TV. In addition there is a standard for the 7 day guide (EPG) which most satellites adhere to. However Freesat has used some kind of encrypted version of the EPG which it permits authorised resellers to use and so I suspect that unless you have a UK based TV, it is unlikely to be authorised (but you might try telling the TV that you have a UK location if that is possible). This problem exists for other receivers too although some have slipped in decoding by a back door which I won't describe further on this Samsung forum.

0 Likes
Gnarly-Dude
Apprentice
Options

You can only get EPG on Freesat and not via selecting Satalite.  It took me a while to figure it out! Make sure you have Freesat selected and then you should be fine!

5F642500-9B00-4AA1-B3C7-6A60C0513959.jpeg

2F461EED-9560-4361-ACF3-38B46028112F.jpeg

9958579B-0CA0-4C68-B1B2-78AB0072677B.jpeg

0 Likes
TVEye
Journeyman
Options

I have a Q90T and have exactly the same problem. It isn't anything to do with the wrong country or satellite settings, because some of the guide does update, but most of it less than 24 hours ahead. This means all serial recordings will fail, as it does when I try to set it to record Look East (West), which is my alternative local news station. The regional stations are worse than the rest, but it makes the recording function null and void.

TVEye1
First Poster
Options

I was so fed up with the completely useless Freesat EPG on the Q90T that I resorted to buying a used Humax satellite receiver, which I have hooked up to a spare portable hard disk. The EPG is fully populated instantly for a full week ahead. What is even better is that unlike Samsung's, when it reaches the end of the list it scrolls back to the beginning. I honestly don't know how Samsung had the nerve to release such an amateurish effort on one of their 'flagship' TVs.

I must add that I've had to set myself up with a new ID, after my login was constantly refused, telling me that my original account was already in use.

0 Likes