Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DTS support on the 2018 Q9fn?

(Topic created on: 27-09-2018 04:51 PM)
Ian6xtreme
Explorer
Options

After recently upgrading my ue46c8000 to a qe55q9fn 2018 model. Ive discovered that DTS is not supported? Is this going to be resolved with a firmware update as most films films now come with DTS audio? 

Samsung blu ray players also support DTS? Is this an oversight or a backward step? 

203 REPLIES 203
SRSLY
Journeyman
Options

Nvidia Shield Pro - Bad picture? Which TV model(s)? Do you have a better recommendation?

There are 3 different settings to adjust the 4K upscaling which might help in certain circumstances. There is also an option in the settings to select the Colour profile (I believe I have it set to 'Auto').

I definitely notice a quality difference for certain apps like YouTube and DAZN etc but so far streaming media in VLC looks good in 4K with far better sound.

0 Likes
JesusMaryJoseph
First Poster
Options

Thank you for posting this. I thought my issue was with my blueray software but this confirms that that is not the case. DTS not being supported is completely unacceptable. I was so excited to become a loyal Samsung customer but I will have to rethink switching to LG. Until this tv goes out, I guess I will have to settle for buying a bluray player with a usb port that does support DTS and connecting it via the HDMI ARC port instead.

Samsung, if you want to stay the best in the industry, you have to actually be the best. Please provide a firmware update in the future for DTS support. We don't care if it costs more, we buy your products not because they are cheap but because they are supposed to be the best. Please make that a reality.

If anyone knows of a way to vote or allow Samsung to know that they need to re-add this support, please let me know. Otherwise, I will be calling into customer support to make sure they know.

0 Likes
Gauthier2
Journeyman
Options

There have been complaints for years, Samsung did not move and will obviously not. It us who have to move... to other brands which think that their customer are allowed to use divx and dts multimedia. Even low cost brands do support it!

I was regularly buying Samsung products until a few years ago, now never again since the expensive QLED TV!

0 Likes
Ricoamsterdam
Apprentice
Options

REDICULOUS ! Why cant you passthrough a codec?!?! That the tv has no license i can get that but NOT passing thruw uncompressed sound!?? As a lot of other samsung die hards i aam considering to never get a samsung tv annymore in the futere if this problemwil not be resolved.

0 Likes