Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Disney+ app?!

(Topic created on: 27-07-2020 04:06 PM)
Anton69
Explorer
Options

Disney+ has been available for months now in Ireland and the UK, but there is still no Disney+ app available to install on my smart TV (model UE43J5500AK), which has the latest software version (1550).  Would be good to have a native app like Netflix and TV channels' player apps, rather than having to view over Chromecast.

When will it get the Disney+ app released?!

3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anton69 wrote:

Disney+ has been available for months now in Ireland and the UK, but there is still no Disney+ app available to install on my smart TV (model UE43J5500AK), which has the latest software version (1550).  Would be good to have a native app like Netflix and TV channels' player apps, rather than having to view over Chromecast.

When will it get the Disney+ app released?!

Hi @Anton69     unfortunately Disney Plus is only  supported in Samsung Smart Tv's   from 2016 onwards with the Tizen Operating system.   The UE43J5500AK is a 2015 set and there are no current plans for earlier models, there may well be a technical limitation.

Disney Plus- Samsung Smart Tv's 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Anton69
Explorer
Options

Surely if there was a technical limitation, that would apply equally to Netflix, various TV stations' player apps, and other manufacturers' TVs from 2015 - LG and similar are capable of running new apps on "old" TVs.  It's only 4.5 years old, it's not like it's ancient.  

Does not say a lot for Samsung's sustainability policies if a 4.5 year old TV is deemed obsolete.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anton69  Know frustrating however  the technical requirements are not the same for all apps.  Moderator agreed and  said that whilst they did not have confirmation often the case when some devices not included.     I have found this artcle from Digidesk and whilst relating to LG states that if TV is pre 2016  it will not be compatible.  https://www.digihelpdesk.co.uk/how-to-get-disney-plus     Netflix withdrew support from some older devices last year (though in this case far older Samsung Tv's and some pre 2015 Vizio models)     https://www.consumerreports.org/streaming-media/netflix-will-stop-working-on-some-older-samsung-vizi... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.