Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No back button for Vu+

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 03:54 PM)
finbarrbrady
Student
Options

Hi there,

I am setting up my q90 TV to be able to control my Vu+ Duo2 with the Samsung Remote.

So I successfully set it up on HDMI port 1 with the Universal Remote setup wizard by choosing Provider=Vu+ and model Vu+DUO2. Changing channels, power on/off, play recordings - all working OK. However, there is no Exit or Back button working in any context. E.g. when I enter any menu or channel list, the Exit and Back buttons on the Samsung remote do nothing.

* When I press the Exit or Back button, no IR signal is sent to the Vu+ Duo2. All other buttons flash a light on the box, indicating IR command received OK.

* Tailing the debug log on the Duo (Enigma2 Linux based box), shows no logs for when I press the Exit or Back button. Other buttons show log entries.

Any help is appreciated!

/Finbarr

IMG_6731.JPG

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
finbarrbrady
Student
Options

Ok so I was finally able to solve this after multiple attempts.

I suspect Samsung have a bug in their keymap, but my workaround which now works perfectly is:

• In Vu settings, set it to use Remote Control Code 4
  • When running Setup on the TV for the Univeral Remote, select Vu+ as provider, and VU+DUO2(4) as the model.

At this point, you will have it almost fully functional, but the "Return" button still does not get you out of most screens. In order to do that I had to edit the keymap.xml file as follows:

1. FTP to the Vu box.
  2. Go to the /usr/share/enigma2/ directory.
  3. Backup/make a copy of the keymap.xml file.
  4. Download my keymap.xml and upload it there
  5. and finally reboot the box.

Now the Return button should act as the way out of all screens on Enigma2.

0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Thank you for this I am sure other people will find this helpful.

0 Likes