Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Atmos Sonos Arc - Q85r / Xbox

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 10:54 AM)
Frbh01
Journeyman
Options

Hello. I know others have managed to use the Sonos Arc with the Xbox and achieve Atmos sound, so I don’t know why I cannot? I have a Samsung Q85r TV which does pass-through Atmos (and yes, the option is selected). So, Sonos Arc is plugged into the HDMI Arc port, Xbox in another HDMI port, Atmos pass-through enabled. 

When I select Dolby Atmos on the Xbox, it tells me that my sound system does not support Atmos and cannot be activated. 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Andyonemillion
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same with mine! Commenting in case you manage to find a solution.

Frbh01
Journeyman
Options

I have been on the phone to Sonos, Microsoft and Samsung for hours the past two days. Sonos and Microsoft ran tests and both said that the TV is blocking Atmos from being passed. Samsung are just saying it's not them! 

0 Likes
Gaz09
Journeyman
Options

Im having the same problem on the Q950R.  As soon as I select Atmos on the Xbox settings it errors even though everything is correctly enabled on the TV. 

I read that it was a known limitation on Samsung TVs that they dont pass Atmos signal through.   I am hoever able to get Atmos via Sky Q and the native apps

Adakitman
Explorer
Options

I too have a Q950R and have managed to get DD+ Atmos on native apps and Sky Q. I have been having a play with the XBOX One but don't really have the time for a proper look, I can only get Dolby 5.1. Maybe between us we can get Atmos. So far I:-

Downloaded Dolby Access app from XBOX App Store.

Changed HDMI bitstream settings to bitstream out.

Bitstream format wont allow Atmos, which we already know.

The next step for me will be to change HDMI cable to a 2.1 version and plug into port four in one connect box and see if that works.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully in a few days when more people use the Arc there might be a fix out there.

Frbh01
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I have already tried a different HDMI and different HMDI ports. It just won't work. Sonos and Microsoft have both confirmed that the TV is blocking the signal, but Samsung won't admit it and assist! 

0 Likes
Adakitman
Explorer
Options

I knew when I bought the Arc that without eARC on the tv there would be limitations and this looks like one of them. Let's hope the eARC firmware update isn't too far off but it's been dragging on for so long I won't hold my breathe.

Frbh01
Journeyman
Options

That's the most annoying bit for me. When I bought the TV, the salesperson told me the update was coming "in a couple of months". That was 6 months ago now and still no sign! Come on Samsung!!

Adakitman
Explorer
Options

The amount of times I've read one month/week/day away..........

Very frustrating especially with such an expensive bit of tech. Had Samsung all my life and will never change as I like the brand and quality but this has tested my loyalty.

0 Likes
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I have the q80t and the Sonos arc and when eARC is enabled the sounds cute out whenever I turn the TV on so I wouldn't be too hopeful about an update that actually works. I can fix it by turning off and turning back on "Dolby Atmos compatibility" it's just really annoying. 

0 Likes