Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No atmos passthrough?

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 03:39 PM)
Taylor20
Apprentice
Options

Hi all.. so I currently own a UE55KS7000 tv and recently bought an atmos capable sound bar. I understand this tv does not have HDMI2.1 so doesnt have earc, which should only matter when it comes to full scale atmos using a uhd player which I am not.. supposedly streaming services use dd+ for atmos which is a toned down version from what I can understand and when looking at my tv specs on website it says this tv has dolby digital plus.. however I can not find an option to turn this on.. am I missing something or do I simply need to upgrade my tv.. thanks in advanced for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
Mcshaney
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue,The same set and I checked the specs before I bought.

0 Likes
Taylor20
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the comment.. as annoying as it is, I am glad I'm not the only one having this issue. Hopefully someone in the know can give us some info. I did send Samsung an email regarding the matter so if I hear anything back il be sure to let you know 

0 Likes
PavelKr
First Poster
Options

Hi, the same issue here too. Did you find any solution?

0 Likes
Mcshaney
Journeyman
Options
Here's the response I got from Samsung.
"our AV team have provided further clarification, your television is capable of decoding Dolby Digital content, but not re-encoding this content after decoding.

This means that the television can take in a Dolby Digital Plus signal from an external source, decode it & make sound. I recognise your understanding is that the television should be able to then re-encode the signal into Dolby Digital Plus and output it through the HDMI-ARC port, when regrettably this is not possible and has not been advertised as having this feature."
I don't really understand it ,but that's what they said..

How can this Tv play DD+ without the speakers to use DD+.??
Taylor20
Apprentice
Options

it blows my mind, it really does.. I am seeing a lot of people having atmos trouble with TV's that are supposed to support it and even some 2019/2020 £2000+ sets not even supporting it. Samsung have really gone down hill in recent years and it's a shame. The worst thing is, from what i can make out, a simple (not sure how simple) software update would be a solution but wont happen. 

Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

This response you were given is incorrect and they cannot say that it was only advertised to decode DD+.  I would challenge that and even claim the TV back under warranty/feature guarantee. 

The abbreviation "ARC" literally means Audio Return Channel, so if its not returning the audio in its recieved format then its straight up not working as intended or as advertised.

Remember your rights, British law protects the consumer so false advertising will win you your money back.  Samsung know this, dont be fooled, keep the pressure on until they treat the issue with more weight.

0 Likes