Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo Switch looks bad on AU9000 4K TV - help!

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 03:07 PM)
katjyay
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't find any suitable responses. 

I've just purchased an AU9000. It's a 2021 model (I think). Alas, I'm having issues with the picture quality when using my Nintendo Switch. The brightness is aggressive in a way that tweaking the settings isn't fixing, and it also looks as though someone applied a vaseline filter to everything. The result is a worse picture experience than my old, cheap, tiny 720 TV.

I understand the Switch isn't a 4K console. But I also know that people can make it play nice with 4K TVs. Problem is I can't figure out how to do so myself!

Searching online, I've seen a lot of people suggest putting a TV into PC Mode / setting the Switch output to PC. Unfortunately I have no clue how to do so. If someone could tell me how that would be much appreciated! Or if you have any tips, tricks, or other suggestions they would be much appreciated!

(just in case it's important to know, the TV automatically switches to Game Mode when the console turns on)

Thanks in advance

AT

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Try the HDMI 1 Port and Put it in Game Mode and see if that does anything.
0 Likes
HamezKing
First Poster
Options

Hi, sorry for late reply but I'm having the same issue with the AU9000. Did you find a fix for it? Messing with the sharpness helps that vaseline-like filter a tad but the harsh lighting is still a major problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏 

0 Likes