Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 05-09-2017 04:30 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@apotsi    @vangeliis Καλή διασκέδαση!

Some good news   (   Μερικά καλά νέα: )     

I have a changelog for this one  (yet to try it myself though)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Update version 1290.3 - December 2020

• A bug that could lead to picture dropouts and picture errors in DVB-T2 has been corrected.
  • Fixed a bug when installing / updating apps.
  • A bug in interaction with the HBO Now app has been fixed.
  • The WLAN function has been improved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MonkeyStitch
First Poster
Options

I don't seem to have access to the december 2020 software (1290.3)

I have a UE49MU7070 on firmware 1280.5

Looking for an update, it says I am on the most recent firmware. 

I am in the UK... is this a staggered release?

Or is my TV not one that is supported?

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
MonkeyStitch
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the quick reply

on the uk website...

Product Help & Support | Samsung United Kingdom

I type in 

"ue49mu7070"

I get two options:

ue49mu7070TXXU

ue49mu7070LXXN

I can't tell which is my TV. However, they both take the newest firmware (1290.3 - Dec 16th 2020)

Are they the same download, regardless of which link I use? I don't want to try to install the wrong software (although, you would assume that they are designed to NOT install onto a TV that is incompatible!)

ALSO 

**Have many people had time to try the new software? Has this seemed to solve the random HDMKI white and coloured flashes?**

Thanks!

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @MonkeyStitch 

Please follow these instructions here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/where-do-i-find-the-serial-number-and-model-of-my-...

We have a separate topic for the "flashes" (as you know), let's wait and see what people think about the new firmware :smiling-face:

Personally I haven't noticed any flashes in the last few days. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
Jctek88
First Poster
Options

I'm from the US and have a MU8000 from 2017 and I can't manually find the update on Samsung's website.  Is it only available on the UK website?  Hopefully this solves the black screen flash on my PS5.

0 Likes
apotsi
Explorer
Options

The latest firmware for your region is 1280.5.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2017-uhd-smart-tv-mu8000

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jctek88  yes 1280.5 is the latest firmware for the US model, though imagine further update should come in due course.

0 Likes
JorgeBCosta
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the info but ... I have a STB Sagemcom DIW387-UHD (Vodafone Portugal) since late October 2020 and the only profile available (on FW 1290.3 for UE55MU8005) is DIW387UHD1U1 that does not work with the Samsung TV remote control (target: control the STB via the Samsung TV remote control). Any idea when this will be solved? Is there any plans for future fw's?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes