Support

Open search

New update MU series

Highlighted
Explorer

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
879 REPLIES 879
Highlighted

@MuniMula 

HLG is a HDR format that the BBC developed and all their 4K braodcasts of the FIFA world cup (and other sport events) were in that format. YouTube also has adapted HLG.

Highlighted

HLGHDR_HDR10Plus.PNG

Highlighted
@comar.
Where are you getting your sources?
Highlighted

@MuniMula wrote:
@comar.
Where are you getting your sources?

This info is from product-manager samsung in holland.

Highlighted

I'm still not convinced,  unless Samsung has a plot to hide the fact they've upgraded some of their TV's to HDR10+.    Why hide it, when there is obviously a strong outcry from owners to have it implimented on TV's who are capable of using dynamic meta data?   

Highlighted

@MuniMula wrote:

I'm still not convinced,  unless Samsung has a plot to hide the fact they've upgraded some of their TV's 

Sorry ,this is from mod on the german site :

• Sie ermöglicht HDR10+ via HDMI
  • Ein TVplus Sender wurde hinzugefügt
  • Drei Sicherheitslücken wurden geschlossen
  • Tonaussetzer bei WiFi-Speakern beim Zuspielen über eine HDMI-Quelle wurden behoben
These are the changes of 1250.5

Highlighted

HDR+ now works on Samsung MU8000
I loaded up Bohemian Rhapsody and low and behold: it’s a Christmas miracle so 2017 Samsung’s really can do HDR10+. Tv= Samsung 82MU8000& blu-ray player Samsung UBD M8500. Happy New Year early! HDR+ now works on Samsung MU8000

ScreenshotScreenshot

Highlighted
I see
HLG
st.2084
bt.1886
Highlighted

@comar 

Perhaps Samsung is releasing it very slowly, and in selected markets,  just to make sure it doesn't throw a monkey wrench into the works.   I'm hoping so very much that this is what is happening.   

Highlighted

@Crasi1411 

Did you see a difference?  Can you please expand on that miracle,  and tells us your first impressions of dynamic meta data and your MU8000.    Thank you in advance.  

Top Liked Authors