Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 31-01-2019 12:14 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

@ratsalad if you're running eARC then I reccomend you buy a HDMI 2.1 cable and see if that helps with latency. Also as for the green flashes from your roku device, it is a HDR encoding issue and seems specific to the device. I have a One X and I used to get green flashes continously and haven't seen them since the latest update. Also I can confirm the lag in apps like Netflix and Amazon prime. 

Badluck
Explorer
Options

when I run it in pc mode it seems fine . I  have tried the HDMI cable that come with the ps4 also I've switched it over with one of the Nintendo switch HDMI leads and it still happens .as anyone got any recommendations and a brand of HDMI leads to buy and try  

0 Likes
TazmanUK37
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know how to word the Xbox on the HDMI to show the Xbox controller pad I did it once but unsure how I worded it. I've currently got hdmi 2 worded Xbox but does not show the device graphic of a Xbox black controller pad like before.

Also have TiVo is Thier a graphic on HDMI for that also and Amazon Firestick, tia

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

Try a belkin Hdmi 2.1 cable but it may not fix the green flashing. Before you do that try disabling HDR on the ps4 to see if that works. HDMI has different versions and the new is 2.1, consoles didn't release with new spec cables. I know these Tv's aren't compatible with features added with HDMI one but the higher bandwidth limit eases the struggle that 4k or HDR puts on HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 cables. I switched and noticed a immdate difference to lag and response time. On another not, iI. I'm giving a random guess here about why the PC mode doesn't show the green flashes and that guess would be that it's not a full HDR mode or is a modified mode. If PC mode works and HDR works together then just use that. Sorry for the long response but it's not really a quick answer. 

0 Likes
ratsalad
Apprentice
Options

@jrpbkpcap1994 wrote:

@ratsalad if you're running eARC then I reccomend you buy a HDMI 2.1 cable and see if that helps with latency. Also as for the green flashes from your roku device, it is a HDR encoding issue and seems specific to the device. I have a One X and I used to get green flashes continously and haven't seen them since the latest update. Also I can confirm the lag in apps like Netflix and Amazon prime. 

Hi mate, thanks for the input I hadn't even thought about 2.1, I know all my cables are 2.0 compliant, I don't think it's that simple I feel it's more on a hdcp level I.e still a firmware problem, because it was all working fine until an update was released sometime around spring last year then it all went Pete Tong 

But I've ordered a 2.1 cable anyway, it won't hurt if it isn't the issue (except maybe my wallet :winking-face:

Badluck
Explorer
Options

I appreciate the reply I'm assuming the cables that come with the ps4 and nintendo switch are 1.4 would u think the same ?

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

The PS4 comes with a hdmi 2.0 and the switch comes with either a 1.4 or a 2.0 due to the fact that the switch runs in either 720p or 1080p depending on if it's docked or not. So a hdmi 2.1 cable may help a ps4 pro but probably not a regular PS4. The switch is self explanatory. Also do you have game mode enabled for both consoles? 

0 Likes
Badluck
Explorer
Options

Yes got game mode set on both 

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

I would just try to live with it for now buddy. I had the same issues and I was getting green flashes every minute or so when it was at its worst. No one tells you when you adopt new technology that it could be flawed.

0 Likes
Badluck
Explorer
Options

very true it probably only happens about once every hour the odd thing is I get green flashed with the PS4  and with my fire stick I get white flashes I might try putting the firestick in pc mode to see if it fixes it I don't get how 1262 as fixed most people problem maybe it comes down to the TV model numbers aswell