Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 22-10-2018 04:08 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
Louie1006
Journeyman
Options

Newbies here, is there any news about the new firmware 1250.5? Any improvement?

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

there's a new firmware version on the website 1250.5 but is not ready for OTA i'll do the usb update and see if something changes, which firmware version do you have?

0 Likes
loftygit
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I installed 1250 the other day and all seems to be working OK - even iPlayer!

Not sure of any changes particularly. 

Video & TV Cast for Samsung Smart TV seems to be even more awkward than usual but that may just be my wifi.

Has anyone spotted any improvements - I saw that this may be the release for HDR10+  but I wouldn't know how to tell.

carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

nice! the only way to try hdr10+ is using the amazon video app they are the only ones supporting it  for now, if you have it play one of their original content and pause it you should see the hdr 10+ stamp on it, give it a try and let us know

thanks

0 Likes
Louie1006
Journeyman
Options

Mine is 1240.

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

new firmware version on the website 1250.5 i'm going to try to update my tv after work and see what's new

i'll keep you guys posted

alexx271
Journeyman
Options

You will not see anything new there. The developers have removed the old bugs and added new + added brake interface. And there will be no NDR10 + or 100+ you will not add !!! Since you did not pay for it when buying in the store! You are like little children.

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

alexxx271 .. wow no need to be salty about it! we are not asking for anyting we didn't pay for, Samsung promised hdr10 plus on all 2017uhdtv, i'm  just asking for what's right that's all...

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

@alexx271 wrote:

You will not see anything new there. The developers have removed the old bugs and added new + added brake interface. And there will be no NDR10 + or 100+ you will not add !!! Since you did not pay for it when buying in the store! You are like little children.

Alex ....why are we all like little children ??? People want to get an update to iron out bugs which is only natural ,   but we're not little kids !!! 

Sdws917
Explorer
Options

Sorry I don't understand.  What is "Brake Interface"?  Not sure what NDR10+ or 100+ is.  We have 2017 MU Series HDR TVs and Samsung has stated a firmware update that will allow HDR10+ will be released and make these TVs capable of displaying that content.  This was stated by Samsung nearly a year ago.  We are just trying to determine if we have the capability or not since there is no display telling you it's active when watching the only source of HDR10+ which is Amazon Prime.