Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 23-08-2018 11:27 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
walste
First Poster
Options
Any changelog on this new 1240.7 firmware?
0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@walste wrote:
Any changelog on this new 1240.7 firmware?

Finding any useful information on an update regarding firmware on tVs is about as rare as a dodo riding a unicorn! Usually generic "bug fixes and stability issues" 

Someone has mentioned that the US site does seem to have better change log info.

Has anyone updated and noticed anything good/bad from this update. I will be installing when I get home in an hour

0 Likes
Rymaan
Explorer
Options

On the US site for version 1240.4 (which I imagine its not far from 1240.7):

- 2017 TV Firmware Kant-M(T-KTMAKUC) 1240.4

- Model : MU6000, MU7000, MU8000, MU9000, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9, LS003 Series

- Version : 1230.0

- Purpose
. Improved usability
. Improved browser performance
. Improved app performance
. Improved stability
. Improved usability of input devices

So yeah as you can see you get a lot of info from that, im starting to get the feeling the only change you get with these firmwares is the version number of the firmware itself. Unless its just what 1230 was with a minor fix. But good luck seeing if anything has actually changed or fixed in the firmware if you have had various issues.

Sdws917
Explorer
Options

The weird thing is I downloaded 1240.4 from the US site and went to install it and the tv just said “1230 is the current version” so is 1240 really just a repacked 1230?

0 Likes
alexx271
Journeyman
Options

TV by himself updated from T-KTMDEUC-1210.8 to T-KTMDEUC-1221 + the advertising spy "Club SAMSUNG" was established. Support can not answer anything. Out of the box, auto-update smarthub was disabled and auto-update software was disabled. Plus, some applications have been installed themselves. Actually or I'm confused that TV now does not see index.bdmv. PS search for firmware archive T-KTMDEUC-1210.8. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have not noticed a great deal of difference with 1240.7 firmware, however I would suggest updating if you have any problems with previous versions.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I think the main thing that users of the MU series of TVs want sorting is the judder issue , it's very disappointing that a TV that looks so good and a picture that's so good is let down by this issue , the amount of people on here that won't buy another Samsung TV is worrying for Samsung , I for one won't cos of the juddder , I'll definitely buy another make , lg or Sony etc ....

Rymaan
Explorer
Options

I doubt Samsung will be bothered about losing a few customers here and there, just small fish in a big pond. Think they are more than happy to just constantly tell people to do factory resets or firmware updates in a hope it fixes these issues. After my experieneces and issues I have with my 55MU7000 with various faults I think they arent that bothered about fixing or know how to fix these issues, wouldnt be suprised if they hope people give up and live with these faults.

I certainly agree with you Edgie I certainly wont be buying a Samsung product again nor recommend them. Be sure to look at LG and Sony TVs next time, lesson well and truely learnt for me.

Wolf_SER
First Poster
Options

Model UN58MU6125F just updated today  to 1240.4 in Mexico

0 Likes
dsa13
Apprentice
Options

My UE50MU6100UXRU also updated to 1240.7, but the problem with flashing the screen (when running hdmi) remained.

0 Likes