Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 30-05-2022 03:23 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

A new firmware update ver 1300.3 has been released. Do we know if it includes new security certificates?

@JAMES4578 please are you able to find a changelog?

Many thanks.

szocher
Explorer
Options
Any luck with changelog? I dont know why samsung dont state it with every update and make it a secret
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @vangeliis @szocher    I have the changelog but does not mention security updates, not much detail. only mentions Tv Plus,Amazon Prime.

Update version 1300.3 - November 2021

• General optimizations to TV Plus
  • Improvements to the Amazon Prime Video issue "MediaControlError: playback did not start in 5000ms"

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anastas Garavalov
First Poster
Options

This last update is absolute *****. The picture of my MU6172 is now with more like pale colours and some kind of darkened, while the settings are still the same. I know this, because it took me days to calibrate the picture when I bought this amazing TV some years ago. Also the video streams of some websites stopped working, which is even more frustrating. I found the previous version of the firmware here, but it is impossible to do a downgrade. Downloading another browser from the market is also mission impossible...

0 Likes
Chalion
Student
Options

I know it's too late to ask for an update.. but I have an issue with the HBO Max app. I can't get it to play HDR content in HDR. Every other app works perfectly (Disney+,Star+,Netflix, Prime Video), but HBO Max plays every movie in SDR.

I tried to report this bug to HBO Max but the support it's having issues understanding what's wrong (they don't seem to know what HDR is) and tried every common fix like reinstalling and resetting the TV.

Any help?

Thanks!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Chalion  I have found information which seems to state that  HDR only available on the ad free subscription in US anyway.  https://www.streamingdigitally.com/how-to-watch-hbo-max-in-4k/  Do you have this one and I assume you meet the speed requirements which is at least 25 Mbps.

otherwise would advise reinstalling app and rebooting router but of you meet the requirement may be issue with this app. Are you based in the States or Europe, know HBO Max available in some European countries but it s not here in the UK.  I would thought support staff would be better informed, perhaps they should at least look at some tech sites.  One example here https://www.benq.eu/en-uk/knowledge-center/knowledge/what-is-hdr.html 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Sallegue1995
First Poster
Options

How you solve this problem sir.

My phonr problem is same with your's.

0 Likes
Chalion
Student
Options

Hi James, thanks, but it's not an issue with the service conditions. It's the HBO Max app running on my MU8500 and my parent's NU6000. HDR playback it's not supported on every device (for example its not supported on PS4 or PS5), but it's listed as supported on every 4K Samsung's TV, but it just doesn't work.

As I said, I already contacted HBO Max support, the regional support and they couldn't understand what is HDR and why it bothers.

But this week I reported it to HBO Max US Support and they took notice of every detail and reported it to Advanced Customer Support who reached to me without a solution but the acceptance of the issue and that they will look at it. Maybe they'll fix it.

I don't know if it could be fixed by HBO or if it's a firmware issue. I tried the same app on a Q60 TV and it played HBO Max on HDR perfectly.
Again, this issue is only on HBO Max, the other streaming apps play on HDR flawlessly on MU and NU TVs.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Chalion  Thank you for reporting back, just mentioned the different subscriptions and general troubleshooting  just in case but obviously issue with  NBO Max on certain models.  At least it has been logged and hopefully a resolution is forthcoming or will be sorted with Firmware.

0 Likes
Diamante1
Journeyman
Options

New update version 1310.1, 28 juni 2022