Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 08:31 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
timstack709
Explorer
Options
No only have PS3
0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

Then perhaps it's a PS3 problem.   Something the PS3 is causing.  By trying out another type of blu ray player that might give you more insight.   That was my reasoning. 

0 Likes
timstack709
Explorer
Options

Also see the Flashes with other HDMI port with TiVo Bolt 

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@MuniMula wrote:

Have you ever hooked up a blu ray player, 2k or 4k?   If so, do you still get the flashes?   

I have found it only effects 4k content as in rendering at 4k not upscale

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @MuniMula 

I hate to repeat myself, but the "green flashes" is a well doncumented issue. They ONLY manisfest when game consoles and some PVRs (TiVO and SkyQ) are connected via HDMI to the TV. Samsung's inability to (fully) solve this problem is baffling.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@Madasahat wrote:

@MuniMula wrote:

Have you ever hooked up a blu ray player, 2k or 4k?   If so, do you still get the flashes?   

I have found it only effects 4k content as in rendering at 4k not upscale

I get them with both 1080p and 2160p content.

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

It's a pain in the a** when mysterious screw ups happen in tech.   For instance, I'm still waiting for Samsung to correct my TV from coming on randomly, when I hook up a Sony soundbar.   My brand new sound bar has be unhooked for 3 years now.   Perhaps it's my punishment for buying a Sony soundbar.   Point is, i am almost 100 percent certain the problem will never be addressed along with the flashes.   Heck they don't seem to be honoring the fact that their own website says all 2017 TVs will be HDR10+.   I've even posted Samsungs website that states it.   If they aren't honoring their written promises i can't imagine them honoring glitches for a few.     My next purchase will relect all of this. 

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

Earlier I supposed that Samsung wasn't keeping up with support for their products becuasue they were having a hard time with China's cheaper labour market.   Now I'm sure of that.   Check this out their new line up of TVs comes with 8 bit panels upscaled to 10 bit via frc.    How's that for sliding?  

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/8b1e1e1b 

0 Likes
knbg93
First Poster
Options

Just recently I started seeing some horizontal lines appear on every source (although I think it's slightly less in the internal apps). The lines are about 20-30 cm long and appear for a split second, I can't even tell what colour they are. They may have appeared before that as well but I saw them last week. Also another thing I came across is when watching HDR content in Netflix and Amazon Prime where in dark scenes light sources are flashing (flickering), and this is not happening in UHD blu-ray movies. The TV is 55MU9002. Have you guys experienced any of this before and do you know what might be the cause and the fix?

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@knbg93 wrote:

Just recently I started seeing some horizontal lines appear on every source (although I think it's slightly less in the internal apps). The lines are about 20-30 cm long and appear for a split second, I can't even tell what colour they are. They may have appeared before that as well but I saw them last week. Also another thing I came across is when watching HDR content in Netflix and Amazon Prime where in dark scenes light sources are flashing (flickering), and this is not happening in UHD blu-ray movies. The TV is 55MU9002. Have you guys experienced any of this before and do you know what might be the cause and the fix?

I haven't experienced any horizontal lines (yet) but I often get the 'flashes' when I use Netflix or Amazon Prime app on my Shiled TV. Please complte this form here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/MU-Series-amp-Flashes-When-Using-External-Connected-Device-e-... if you are also having 'flashes' with your external connected device. Thanks.

0 Likes