Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 09:54 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
GeloPL
Apprentice
Options

what to do to reproduce problem ? (NVidia Shield TV)

I have MU6172 and PS4 and I had never seen any green flashes.

I have nvidia shield but not connected to TV, I can try if you tell me what to do.

timstack709
Explorer
Options

I have a 2017 Qled 55 inches QN55Q7FAMFXZA in the U.S. and I see different colors of flashes with both HDMI sources of TiVo Bolt and Ps3 for watching Blu ray movies. Currently using version 1280.5

vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @GeloPL 

Just connect your ShieldTV to your telly with an HDMI cable and play a game or watch a movie with the Shield's build-in Netflix app  or Amazon Prime app.

The flashes only last about a millisecond and they are easier to spot in a dark room.

What is the firmware version of your TV?

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@AllStars 

Some US 2016 models have recieved a firmware update in 2020, so there is still hope. But I won't expect any new features (HDR10+ or AirPlay 2/AppleTV+), it will be just bug fixes.

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

There should be a class action suit brought against Samsung for many people bought their tv based on Samsung's own advertising that their 2017 line up would be have HDR10+    As the link I posted earlier shows. 

0 Likes
timstack709
Explorer
Options
I have Thank you
0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

Have you ever hooked up a blu ray player, 2k or 4k?   If so, do you still get the flashes?   

0 Likes
timstack709
Explorer
Options

I do with PS3 watching Blu ray movies with 2017 Qled

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

Yes, I get that you're getting flashes with the ps3,  I was just curious if you ever tried a stand alone blu ray player, using the same hdmi, and ports. 

0 Likes