Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 08:09 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

once again MU2017 series were promised HDR10+ and never got it, don't give me wrong tv looks good but double vision from LG looks a lot better, i switched tvs and now i'm so happy with my OLED tv that has GSYNC, ALEXA, DOUBLE VISON/ATMOS, y can even mirror my iphone to it!!!, i used to like Samsung a lot, not anymore

juanelo
Navigator
Options

What a stupid answer from Samsung

MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@juanelo 

A politician’s answer.   Quality is subjective,  and vague.   There is a big difference in how the movie is seen, if the set is using, HDR10 or,  HDR10+.   I don't have to explain to you, since you,  and most here,  understand that difference, and it's a big difference,  according all those who've reviewed the dynamic meta data in action.    

One would think that Samsung being the inventor of HDR10+ its employees in charge of answering questions about its product would know about that big difference.    Apparently not.  

0 Likes
Ameliius
Explorer
Options

Agree with you 100%, We are joking around a little but there is a difference between HDR10 and HDR10+ the problem is the employe at the support, how the F do some people get there job:face-with-tears-of-joy:

MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Ameliius 

I, like you have been a Samsung customer for a long time.   Phone, washer + dryer, TV,  Fridge, etc, etc.   I too am rethinking.  You're not alone by any stretch of the imagination.   Sometimes companies get so big they forget about their customers altogeter.  

cormar
Pioneer
Options

ST2084 is standard for all hdr (among which Samsung hdr10) and is displayed in gamma-options. Samsung has updated hdr10 to hdr10+ by adding dynamic metadata.
This update is based on Samsung application SMPTE ST 2094-40 Application #4.
(ST2094 knows 4 applications 2094-10 (dolby vision), 2094-20 (philips) , 2094-30 (technicolor) and 2094-40 (samsung)
This application will not be mentioned in the gamma-options.

Playing HLG , HDR10 , HDR10+ files on my tv is mentioned for each the same:
HDR and gamma ST2084.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

does the samsung

UE55MU7000

Have HDR+ do you know, because it is an older tv?

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@cormar 

Where is the source for your last claim?  And does that source say this .........."This application will not be mentioned in the gamma-options."   Or did you just add that, yourself?  

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@valleyboy22 

Samsung has said, in press releases,  that all 2017 UHD TV's will have,  or do have HDR10+,  and that their 2016 line up will be updated.   It's been 2 years since those press releases and Samsung has gone quiet on the matter. 

Excerpt 

[All of Samsung’s 2017 UHD TVs, including its premium QLED TV lineup, support HDR10+. In the second half of this year, Samsung’s 2016 UHD TVs will gain HDR10+ support through a firmware update.

“As an advanced HDR10 technology, HDR10+ offers an unparalleled HDR viewing experience — vivid picture, better contrast and accurate colors — that brings HDR video to life,” said Kyoungwon Lim, Samsung’s visual display division VP. ]

https://www.twice.com/product/samsung-amazon-video-team-deliver-updated-open-standard-hdr10-64840/64... 

So your guess is as good as ours.  

0 Likes
apotsi
Explorer
Options

AGAIN, PLEASE !!!

CAN YOU PLEASE ALL MAKE A NEW THREAD TO DISCUSS HDR10+ OR THE LACK THEREOF ?

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE FIRMWARE UPDATES OF THE MU SERIES.... not HDR10+

THANKS.

0 Likes