Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 07:35 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Ameliius 

Ameliius,  the Canadian version says it's got HDR10+ on their website, but I don't believe ST2094 is showing up in their gamma settings,  as well.  There are posters in here with Samsung TV's that specify the set has HDR10+,  but the standard  ST2094 isn't showing up in their gamma setting, either.   Even though,  marketing says they have it.  

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

Check this out from the USA website.   It says "all" 2017 TV's have hdr10+ capabilities.   I do believe the MU series is 2017.  Am I right?    Also, having the capability doesn’t necessarily mean that capability is being utilized.  Everything comes back to the missing standard ST2094 in the settings. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078565/ 

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@MuniMula wrote:

Check this out from the USA website.   It says "all" 2017 TV's have hdr10+ capabilities.   I do believe the MU series is 2017.  Am I right?    Also, having the capability doesn’t necessarily mean that capability is being utilized.  Everything comes back to the missing standard ST2094 in the settings. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078565/ 

Yes , MU is 2017. If i believe you , Samsung is misleading the whole world. Haha.

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@cormar 

"Samsung is misleading the whole world. Haha."

You sound surprised.   Volkswagen deceived the whole world… for years… with their phony emission control readings on their diesel cars.  They outright lied, to everyone......ON PURPOSE.   It ended up costing them billions in fines and they are still not finished being punished.  You have too much faith in corporations. 

Oh, and I never said Samsung is misleading the whole world, and I used Volkswagen as a demonstration that mega conglomerates are not necessarily 100 percent honest.  I'm simply trying to find out why the standard ST2094 isn't listed in the settings.   We are tying to clarify what is going on.  

0 Likes
Ameliius
Explorer
Options

So i wrote back to them:

When playing HDR10+ content on amazon prime i only get HDR10 ST.2084, So no my tv maybe supports hdr10+ but it dosen't show HDR10+! When playing HDR10+ content it should show ST.2094 under gamma?

This is their answer:

I understand that you are asking about the quality that the TV is receiving. I am glad to assist you. In regard to your concern, I already talked to my supervisor about it and he told me that the quality of HDMI 10 and 10+ is the same .

If you still have any issue, please feel free to contact us or email us and we are glad to assist you.

0 Likes
Ameliius
Explorer
Options

HDMI 10?:grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye: I think they whant to say, guys hdr 10+ it´s only a name so quality is the same, we don't have to worry anymore:face-with-tears-of-joy:

MW1987
Explorer
Options

Wtf does that even mean? What is HDMI 10? if its hdr10 they are basically saying HDR10+ doesn't even exist if its the same quality,Dolby vision is much higher quality than hdr10 

Ameliius
Explorer
Options

I think they wrote it wrong, they mean hdr10.. So it´s same quality as hdr10+? wooow i´m speechless:face-with-rolling-eyes:

Ameliius
Explorer
Options

Of course it is, LG oled has both dolby vision and dolby atmos.

Sooo disappointed!! I have been a Samsung customer for about 10-15 years, all my phones have been samsung, i have 3 samsung tv´s in my household, my fridge and freezer are samsung:face-with-tears-of-joy:

But not anymore, from now on LG TV:winking-face:

MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Ameliius 

"and he told me that the quality of HDMI 10 and 10+ is the same ."

Well, there you go.   HDR10 and HDR10+ are..... NOT..... the same 10+ uses "dynamitc meta data", .... and HDR10 uses "static" meta data.   There couldn't be a bigger difference.    So you didn't get a proper answer.