Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 05-01-2020 07:32 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Ameliius 

I'm assuming your TV is the UK version?  According to the UK website there is no indication of HDR10+ listed on that page.  Are you seeing ST.2094 listed in gamma settings?   

The Canadian version of your model,  or as close as I can get,  shows HDR10+

https://www.samsung.com/ca/tvs/qledtv-q7fn/QN55Q7FNAFXZC/ 

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options

I'm in the UK and every place that sells the Nu7100 here says it has HDR10+.might email Samsung and see what they say 

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

They are going to tell you the same thing they tell everybody else: Your tv has HDR10+.

MW1987
Explorer
Options

You would think if Samsung was really that proud of HDR10+ Samsung tvs would have a signal pop up like all other brands of tvs do to say it's playing in Dolby vision or whatever.the fact that it doesn't, no ST.2094 in gamma settings and no word from Samsung on how to know if we are playing in HDR10+ apart from prime video and blu rays,but that's not really proof as it could say you playing in 8k when you are clearly not

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

And You know the worst of all is that we keep discussing this amongst ourselves and not a single word from Samsung about it.

MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@juanelo 

"not a single word from Samsung about it."

Exactly.  We are on page 76 now, and not a peep.   You would think that China threatening to turn South Korea into another Japan, with their...even cheaper... manufacturing,  that Samsung would want to treat their customers, well.   

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@MW1987 

If they are purposely not making the standard ST2094 visible in settings,  then I see that as underhanded.  If that is the case, then they can just tell people, they've got it, even if they don't.    It's not like major companies don't do really stupid things like that sometimes.  Does Volkswagen and their pollution controlled diesels ring a bell? 

0 Likes
Ameliius
Explorer
Options

Sorry for the late reply, I live in Sweden so it´s a EU version of the tv QE55Q7FAMTXXU.

Nope i don´t see ST.2094, the only ones i see is HLG,ST.2084 and BT.1886!

I have tried playing HDR10+ content from prime video both on tv and xbox x app but only get hdr10 ST.2084

That´s so strange that the Canadian version shows HDR10+ its the same tv as mine:face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Ameliius
Explorer
Options
The link shows 2018 model of the tv mine is 2017..
0 Likes
apotsi
Explorer
Options

CAN YOU PLEASE ALL MAKE A NEW THREAD TO DISCUSS HDR10+ OR THE LACK THEREOF ?

THIA THREAD IS FOR THE FIRMWARE UPDATES OF THE MU SERIES....

THANKS.

0 Likes