Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 07:48 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@juanelo wrote:

I do not own that particular tv model if thats what You mean so cannot go through it's settings. However right now I'm looking at the HDR10+ webpage on the certified models and right there is the 55Q90R 2019 model, go to www.hdr10+.org and see for yourself. 

This model and all other tv's  with ( update 1250.5 ) hdr10+  have'nt ST2094 in the gamma-options. 

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@MuniMula wrote:

@cormar 

Cormar, have you looked at the menu of the Samsung TV's that say HDR10+ on the box,  and there was no ST.2094 listed?  If not how do you know it's not listed?  

Yes , i have checked the Q90R (2019) at my friends. No ST2094 in gamma.

0 Likes
bondbond
First Poster
Options

Dear friends .

please look at https://www.samsung.com/us/support/search/?searchTerm=hdr10&page=1&sort=relevance

what samsung tv official importer in your country say about it?

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@cormar 

That's very interesting Cormar.  Samsung's own website says the mighty Q90 has HDR10+.    I don't get it.  It's like Samsung is messing with us.   They keep telling us that the mid to highend 2017 10 bit TV's can handle HDR10+ 

And now bondbond posts right from Samsung US page that says the 2017 have HDR10+    Why wouldn't it show up with the rest of the standards under gamma.    This is very frustrating. 

juanelo
Navigator
Options

I'll download the Q90R owners manual just to ser the options in the gamma section.

0 Likes
FenderIsKing
Apprentice
Options

Actually having a device that can PLAY HDR10+ is absolutely vital, and not as obvious as it sounds. I have an Amazon Prime account, and both the PS4 Pro and Xbox1X. Only the 1X does HDR10+, and when i tried watching the lastest Grand Tour special last night i was still not getting HDR10+ in any shape of form. 

The actual list of films on 4K that support HDR10+ is VERY small, a mere 31 titles at present. This link over at bluray .com shows them and is added to on a regular basis... 

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=300877

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@FenderIsKing 

I'm surprised the list is so short.  Here's my dilemma,  Should I buy an HDR10+ player to see if my MU8000 plays it?  If I knew that my Samsung TV truly had it,  or, Samsung was absolutely going to implement it on my TV, I would buy a 10+ player instantly.   But what good is a 10+ player,  and a TV that won't play adaptive meta data or might not ever play it

I'm sure I'm not the only TV owner that would go out a buy a new player if they added 10+ to their TV's.  

But alas, Samsung is getting out ot the player market so they don't really care. 

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

You are right don't waste your money.

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

I suggest you all read this article:https://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1566562819 It shows you the exact specifications for all HDR types including HDR10+ and why you MUST have ST.2094 in the gamma options and please please DO NOT believe blindly in all of whats Samsung says because have such a record of lies instead do your research but WE MUST KEEP PRESSING Samsung for an update that should be possible.

MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@juanelo 

Great link Juanelo. This explains a lot: (from a link on the page you posted) " “Sony HDR TVs don’t use the static brightness metadata in HDR10 (MaxCLL, MaxFALL) they actually measured brightness frame by frame and generate dynamic metadata for HDR10 content".

I noticed HDR was better on my old 65 inch X800 Sony, even though, RTings says they are about the same as my MU8000 in overall brightness. The Sony is already playing "dynamic meta data" ...only... they don't call it HDR10+.
I'm convinced more and more now that Samsung can implement dynamic meta data on our sets. Sony has it and they don't even call it......HDR10+

0 Likes