Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 05:14 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@cormar wrote:

@juanelo wrote:

As far as I know only the 2019 models have ST.2094

The Q90R (2019) has not. No hdr10+ ?

@juanelo , can you answer or don't you know ?

There is no samsung tv with ST2094 option in gamma.

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

I do not own that particular tv model if thats what You mean so cannot go through it's settings. However right now I'm looking at the HDR10+ webpage on the certified models and right there is the 55Q90R 2019 model, go to www.hdr10+.org and see for yourself. 

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options

No Nu7100 on there even though it is sold as having HDR10+. Samsung need to explain themselves 

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@cormar 

Cormar, have you looked at the menu of the Samsung TV's that say HDR10+ on the box,  and there was no ST.2094 listed?  If not how do you know it's not listed?  

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

RTings test page of your model does show that your model does have,  in thier words,  HFR10+   

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu7100 

Under Inputs Specifications.  

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

Oops that last post was for  @MW1987 

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options
I know every review says it has HDR10+ but apparently if there is no ST. 2094 in the gamma settings when playing anything in HDR10+ then it doesn't support it and it only shows up as HDR.and on HDR10+. org there is no mention of my TV supporting it, just 2019 tvs
0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options

@MuniMula there is NO ST. 2094 on mine and no HDR10+ on the box

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@MW1987 

Chances of Samsung answering your question is probably zilch, but perhaps since you have one of the TV's that RTings has tested,  you can contact them and ask them if their tested TV showed ST.2094 under gamma?   The website seems like a very serious test lab and maybe they can explain why it's suppose to be HDR10+ but there is no gamma rating that says so.   There's even a discussion page. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussions

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options
Thanks I will ask them
0 Likes