Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 12:31 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Crasi1411 

Thanks Crasi.   Maybe I'll buy that M7500 after all.   Before they all disappear from the market, altogether.   Did you apply the firmware update to your blu ray player to get HDR10+?   I've read all over the place, ...in year old articles...., that stated Samsung was going to do this for some of their blu ray players,  and the M7500 and 8500,  were always listed as one to be getting the upgraded.    I couldn't find any affirmatives on the upgrades just the predictions.   Well, at least that I can find.  It seems you're the first person I've seen who has it on one of those machines.    I was just wondering if you manually applied the firmware or if it was automatically applied.     

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Crasi1411 

According to this TechRadar article, of all the players they listed only one had confirmed HDR10+  Some others with promises (if you can believe those promises) and they even listed my old K8500 (which has no promise) which is a bit weird caust my model is so old.  That makes me wonder about the depth of the reporting.   

The only model in their article confirming HDR10+ is the Panisonic at ..........Gulp!   A 1000 dollars.  

If your M8500 machine has HDR10+ firmware, I'm pulling the trigger on that M7500. 

0 Likes
Crasi1411
Student
Options

Muni,

I applied the update when it prompted about a couple of weeks ago. Love the player and the picture, for me it's about as pristine a picture as you can get. My screenshot is utilizing that player as the source. 8500 has WiFi and 7500 has to be hard wired if I remember right...best of luck

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Crasi1411 

Thanks Crasi.  I appreciate it.  

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options

Can confirm HDR10+ does work on the Nu7100,I downloaded developer options app on the 4k firestick and watched Bohemian Rhapsody and it was showing as outputting HDR10+ BT 2020 but on my TV it still only shows HDR and St. 2084 in the settings so it must not need ST. 2094 for HDR10+

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options

Just tried the same film on my 2019 Nvidia shield that only supports HDR10 and the colour difference on the 4k firestick is amazing 

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

MW1987 Yes It DOES need ST2094 in settings! What You see is your fire stick OUTPUTTING an HDR 10+ signal to your tv which is reading that signal as PLAIN HDR10 without the +. In other words your tv is not HDR 10 capable. Like I told everyone only the 2019 models have HDR10+, If You have the chance just look at them at the store They even have the HDR10+ BRANDING LOGO on the box!!!.That leaves the rest of us owners of older models waiting for a miracle update.

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options

So Samsung lied to us when they say our TV, in my case the Nu7100 support HDR10+? so how come Bohemian Rhapsody looked so much better on the firestick than on the shield? normal hdr on Netflix and other hdr normally look a lot better on my shield than the firestick

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

Si let's not be dillusional about this. It's really so easy Open your browser and Google it ST2084 = static metadata= HDR 10. ST2094 = dynamic metadata=HDR 10+ . It's on Wikipedia, and don't think that because You have a fire stick 4k or an HDR 10+ Blu Ray player and You connect them to your tv all of the sudden it's gonna show HDR 10+ if the tv is not capable. It doesn't work that way.

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

Samsung líes all the time. We should know better