Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 06:38 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@cormar 

Again, how can I give you one when I only have one model?    Are you saying no TV's are listing ST.2094?   How would you know that?    I'm hoping very much you're correct about this. 

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

As far as I know only the 2019 models have ST.2094

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

No owner of a 2017 Samsung  tv has ver reported seeing st.2094 in the gamma section. Si no HDR10+

0 Likes
Crasi1411
Student
Options

It appears all I get is st2084, oh well it does look more vivid than other 4K though maybe just the transfer. This screenshot is when the tv is playing bohemian rhapsody in hdr10+.

Strange it registers and plays as hdr10+, at least it allows the function to register correctly on the display readout... Again my set is Samsung82mu8000 2017 model.

BEB00554-9FF2-4B5D-B3ED-5F868DE1C865.jpeg

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@juanelo wrote:

As far as I know only the 2019 models have ST.2094

The Q90R (2019) has not. No hdr10+ ?

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Crasi1411 

I wonder if the registering on your TV is coming from the Blu Ray player's ability, and not the TV. 

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

I have the 75 inch MU8000 and last night I watched the, 4k Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. Player, K8500, with only HDR, which I assume is also just, HDR10. As soon as I put the movie on, the backlight setting on my TV, goes to 20, but for some strange reason, it doesn't look like 20. If I set my backlight manually to 20 while watching TV everything is clearly very bright, and somewhat washed out. In the movie I didn’t notice that. I didn't notice a wide variance in brightness from one scene to the next. The movie was gorgeous, and the colors were beautiful with shades that drop one's jaw. Although the colors were not quite as good (very close) as my old 65 inch Sony X850, but still, wonderful.
The dark scenes weren't bad, and there was a fair amount of detail.

It just puzzles me how the blu ray movie brightness at 20 seems so different from the Tv (set on movie) experience. I wonder what settings the dynamic meta data will automatically adjust as the movie goes on. I
I was about to pull the trigger on a Samsung M7500 because I'm told that firmware added HDR10+ but if Samsung isn't going to update my TV, why bother.

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options

So still no proof HDR10+ even exists apart from on a blu Ray player,was supposed to be on Amazon but it isn't 

0 Likes
Crasi1411
Student
Options

The first screenshot I posted is from info on the tv remote, not the Blu-ray player; so the tv is showing HDR10+ input and output, before the output was only HDR10 when the input was HDR10+. Another AVS forum member with the same TV confirmed this, not sure but it seems legit. Maybe it's an algorithm but it reads true; certainly someone else can confirm it.

0 Likes
Crasi1411
Student
Options
Muni:
The Blu-ray player has its own set of movie mode/ standard etc... in options if it’s a Samsung. I had to switch Blu-ray to movie as well as tv; my set pops nicely, just some info that might help
0 Likes