Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 12:46 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
Crasi1411
Student
Options

As far as a difference with HDR10+,  it seems there are deeper blacks and a more colorful picture overall in movie mode. Not earth shattering but still a cool improvement that I thought would never happen... it definitely works now though 

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

Cormar regardless of what Samsung Holland says, if your tv doesn't show ST.2094  in the gamma options then your tv isn't HDR10+ capable. Samsung can tell us whatever they want but it is up to us to find out.

0 Likes
bondbond
First Poster
Options
Exactly!

0 Likes
MW1987
Explorer
Options

No ST.2094 on my Nu7100 so it clearly isn't HDR10+ compatible even though it says it is, it's a joke

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

I have seen this option too even though I have never used it or seen it active

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@juanelo wrote:

Cormar regardless of what Samsung Holland says, if your tv doesn't show ST.2094  in the gamma options then your tv isn't HDR10+ capable. Samsung can tell us whatever they want but it is up to us to find out.

Can you tell me the tv who has the option ST2094 in gamma ?

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@Crasi1411 

Can you do us a favor and check your settings under gamma.  Do you see ST.2094 listed?  

Thanks.  

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

@cormar 

"Can you tell me the tv who has the option ST2094 in gamma ?"

Without having all the TV's at our disposal,  that would be difficult to see which ones do or don't. 

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@MuniMula wrote:

@cormar 

"Can you tell me the tv who has the option ST2094 in gamma ?"

Without having all the TV's at our disposal,  that would be difficult to see which ones do or don't. 

I understand , but give me one.

0 Likes
MuniMula
Pioneer
Options

To all:

Here's the thing that has me puzzled, HDR10+ is a good thing,  so why would a company deliberately hide a good thing that they've add to your TV?   Especially something they know a lot of their customers are desperately hoping they implement.  

0 Likes