Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 05:31 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
cormar
Pioneer
Options

today i see that my 55mu7000 (2017) (Holland) updated 1280.5 without permission for automatic update. i can't see any difference om my tv. i don't know what is the changelog. anyone ?

0 Likes
Mafyata
First Poster
Options

Here you can find changelog. They update it in first post when there is new software.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Aktuelle-Changelogs-f%C3%BCr-Samsung-TV-Updates-der-gro%C3%9F...

vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Great discovery @Mafyata you are a star.

@DavidB let's hope the next update fixes the "Flackern" with the Nvidia Shield TV.

0 Likes
robtoledo23
Journeyman
Options

Well, just got a 1280 firmware update in USA

Can’t tell you what it changed or updated though.Can’t tell you what it changed or updated though.

0 Likes
Guyver2077
Apprentice
Options
Same here. 1280.5
0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

No visible changes and still no HDR10+

0 Likes
Xedric
Student
Options

I dont think the MU series will ever get true HDR10+ via HDMI as it needs HDMI 2.1 version and the hardware is only equipped with HDMI 2.0. Even the GTX10 series GPUs are not HDMI 2.1 certified, hence, has no hardware support for Variable Rate and Dynamic Metadata protocol over HDMI.

The Media Player Classic, using the madVR renderer was able to detect different hdr metadata from a movie file with HDR10+ and treated it as separate video stream. It was able to send the HDR metadata over HDMI 2.0 and the TV seamlessly switched according to that hdr metadata..

Maybe its not a real HDR10+ but just an on-the-fly hdr adjustments - which samsung attempts to market as updated support to HDR10+. It is also a bit noticeable when the TV tries to adapt to the new HDR metadata. Just open your TV's profile on madVR and check "send hdr metadata to display" or something option. 

The best possible HDR10+ support could be from a media file directly played on the TV over network/usb. thats the only thing i can think of that should allow the tv to support hdr10+.

0 Likes
juanelo
Navigator
Options

Well, even Dolby Vision can ve done over HDMI 1.4.......

0 Likes
Ezekiel2k9
First Poster
Options

Got the notification this morning, 50MU6300 updated to 1280.5 and the only thing I've noticed is they added Disney+ to my apps and also installer Mccafee antivirus again 😑😑 apart from that no major change 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Likes
Guyver2077
Apprentice
Options

Disney plus app was there in 1280.4.

It was nice that we got that app but I was really hoping we would get the iTunes app.