Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 04:11 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
Madasahat
Voyager
Options
This is the way they always release updates USB first so just a few will try it, then OTA and everyone will have it
0 Likes
mickster
Student
Options

Ah OK. Well I've just updated, hoping the Apple TV stuff had been added but it appears that it hasn't yet 😞

Guess our TV may not be included yet since it's a 2017 model, thought it was 2018. :'(

I presume MU7000 series will be included, this article suggests so. 

Relevant info:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/05/13/samsung-smart-tv-airplay-2-apple-tv-app/

vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@mickster wrote:

Ah OK. Well I've just updated, hoping the Apple TV stuff had been added but it appears that it hasn't yet 😞

Guess our TV may not be included yet since it's a 2017 model, thought it was 2018. :'(

I presume MU7000 series will be included, this article suggests so. 

Relevant info:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/05/13/samsung-smart-tv-airplay-2-apple-tv-app/

M=2017 model. There is no official announcement that Samsung will add AirPlay2 to the 2017 models.

szocher
Explorer
Options

I have installed latest update and i think backlight works worse. I have had strange look on actors face ( kind off green, brown glow contrast) i dont know how to describe it.  It was gone once i did open bottom menu so the backlight was even on the panel. I still dont understand why @Anonymous User does not include changelog!!!!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Information from the German Community regarding the  1270.3 firmware:

It should fix Tv plus issue and sort out bug where recordings do not start.    However notified that there are no picture changes.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@mickster wrote:

How come this update isn't available via online update?

Also, does this update add Apple TV app which supports Airplay 2 etc, I read about Samsung TVs being the only ones to support this at first. 

I read that it was only for 2019 tv and some selected 2018 tv.

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

USA webiste still showing the old version!! ugh oh well there's nothing new on it anyways, and nope we are not getting airplay2 it was only for models 2018 and up same thing with hdr10+ samsung don't care about updating "old tvs"

0 Likes
Xedric
Student
Options

Sad if they dont include the airplay. MU series is one of the best. My unit didnt have bluetooth advertised and premium features, but it was easy to enable. Tried the same on 2018 models, even turning on bluetooth doesnt work since the stated wireless device was not bluetooth capable. Not even 802.11ac capable, no dts support, no premium features, really heavily downgraded software.

I even was able to enable UHDA certification and calibrated colors and white balance and did a comparison to an oled DCI-P3 HDR10 display at 550nits, the colours are so accurate, just a bit darker overall in 350nits. 

Im not updating if nothing important is included in the update.

0 Likes
apotsi
Explorer
Options
@Xedric

How did you do all that ?? any link ???
0 Likes
epsicron
First Poster
Options

I got an MU model too. There's a petition online to add Airplay 2 and Apple TV to our models. It's here: https://www.change.org/p/samsung-bring-airplay-2-itunes-and-homekit-to-2017-samsung-premium-oled-tvs

I really hope they add these features with a firmware update

0 Likes