Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New UE50AU9007KXXU model

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 08:28 AM)
Paulyuk6
Apprentice
Options

Well I received my second UE50AU9007KXXU TV from Curry's yesterday.  The first one was sent back on the same day that it arrived after the aerial socket fell off the first time I plugged my aerial into it!    Thanks to Curry's for a fast turnaround.

Perhaps somebody could answer these 2 questions:

1) Every time I change channel, or alter something in the settings menu, or go to Netflix or Amazon Prime, the Smart Hub appears at the bottom of the screen. And just stays there.  How do I either turn it off completely, or at least set a timeout value so that it goes away after a few seconds?  I fail to see the benefit of it popping up all the time!

2) The TXT/MIX button just gives a 'not available' message each time I try to view the BBC text service.  Yet my smaller Samsung TV in the kitchen has no problems with it.  Is there a hidden menu to enable it?

3 REPLIES 3
Paulyuk6
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone have any comments about the above points? - 

1) How to set a timeout value so that Smart Hub doesn't just stay on the screen all the time.

2) The TXT/MIX button  just gives a 'not available' message each time I try to view the BBC text service.  Yet my smaller Samsung TV in the kitchen has no problems with it.  Is there a hidden menu to enable it?

thanks in advance !

Paul

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Paulyuk6: Hi there. Regarding your Smart Hub query, if you would like to remove the menu from the bottom of the screen after performing an action, then please tap the Home or Back button on your Smart Remote. To access teletext, press and hold the '123' button on your remote or Smart Remote for 1 second. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Paulyuk6
Apprentice
Options

Hello Andrew

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately your comments resolved neither of the points I was making:

1) I already know that I can press Home or Back button to come out of the Smart Hub. But I was asking where I set or change the time delay so that the Smart Hub automatically disappears after a few seconds, or just doesn't display at all.   As an example: If I am watching TV and decide I want to change the screen brightness, I press the settings button, go into picture settings and make the required adjustment. I then click on Settings again to come out of it (or the Back button). But instead of going back to the TV programme I was watching, the Smart Hub comes up, so I have to press the Home button to remove the Smart Hub. An extra button press which should be unnecessary. The Smart Hub should go off on its own accord, or not display at all when it is not needed.

2) Yes I can hold the 1.2.3 button on the remote or the Text/Mix button. But either way, the BBC news text service does not appear. It just gives the 'not available' message.  It seems that this service has not been enabled. So I am asking how I switch it on.   Yes, there is the BBC Red button service, but this is far inferior and intrusive.

Thanks

Paul

PS. In all the specs I have seen, it says that this TV has FreeSat capability, yet there are no sockets at the back for connecting my LNB cables.  Are the specs wrong?

0 Likes