Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New TV One Connect Issue

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 05:43 PM)
PaulSolo
Journeyman
Options

I have just purchased a new QE65Q90R. I set everything up, connected it to my sky tv box and it seemed to be working.  After just a few seconds though, the sky programme disappeared and was replaced by the image below.  The sound of the TV programme was still working through the tv speakers.  I connected it to my nintendo games console and the same image appeared.

Samsung TV.jpg

Can anyone advise what this image means or what the problem is?  Is it a fault with the one connect cable?

Thanks in advance.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Colm23
Journeyman
Options
Cool. Thanks for the reply Paul. Do you have the number you contacted?
0 Likes
PaulSolo
Journeyman
Options
I'm pretty sure I just used the online chat function via their website.
MDitch
First Poster
Options
Hi Colm23, I have the same problem. Did you manage to find a fix?
0 Likes
steve77769
First Poster
Options
Same, hung on wall for at least a year then started shutting off, Then started blinking then came the tv and hdmi box with the cable and arrows in the middle. I took down and a couple days later did the reset fiddled with the cord at the box after insection and I got netflix and prime video. few days couldn't get that. the menu tries to pop up but it's like froze.
0 Likes
MikeG3
First Poster
Options

Purchased a new tv less than two weeks ago. Bought the Frame tv QN55LS03T and of course it comes with the One Connect box so you have only one wire showing. I followed directions and was extremely careful as I hooked it up to

my AT&T dvr and then turned it on. All seemed to load up and it was working for the next couple of hours. The next day turned it on and that was never to be again. It does not recognize HDMI 1, 2 3 or 4! It knows something is there because it says unknown. This went on for the next 4 days with Samsung, AT&T and the seller of the tv. I tried another one connect box, a roku and a laptop, sometimes it says HDMI1 unknown, othere times it says no signal, please turn on device. I am now waiting for the sellers IT people to call me so they can say the same thing....I don't get it! Anyone out there know anything else?

0 Likes
Sebak2003
Apprentice
Options

Hi, could you fix it? I have my q90r in the wall, i never move the cable, but start to turn off from time to time.

The one box do a clicking sound when try to power on, but don’t work.

how do you solve it? Best!!!

0 Likes
Sebak2003
Apprentice
Options

Hi mditch, did you fix it? Same issue here! 

0 Likes
PaulSolo
Journeyman
Options
Have you contacted Samsung? It sounds like a onebox issue if that is making a clicking sound. How old is the tv? If it is under warranty they should replace it, otherwise you may have to buy it.
0 Likes
Sebak2003
Apprentice
Options

Paulsolo, thanks for your reply! The tv is only 1 year and half old. So pretty new. 

I don’t contact yet samsung because I am not from USA, my tv was sent in a 2 month shipping by sea. So it’s difficult to buy and send the things againg by air or sea. Really frustrating this issue on a so expensive tv. Is the Q90r 82” inch

So i believe I have to buy again the Onebox or the invisible cable by amazon and send it to my country.

Yes, it make a clickint sound when the invisible cable is connected to the one box and turn off the tv. If i let rest for one day, it turn on again, but in half hour maybe turn off again. It’s frustrating. 

So want to check what replacement fix the issue for your and other users issues. 

0 Likes
PaulSolo
Journeyman
Options
Mine was just an invisible cable issue, not a problem with the one box. I would contact Samsung using the online chat function via their website. They were very helpful and even if they are based in the US, I'm from the UK and they still helped me. What have you got to lose, they can only say no. Why pay for a new onebox before trying to get one for free under the warranty!
0 Likes