Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV film or no film on surface of screen

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 05:33 PM)
bbwest
Journeyman
Options

I JUST bought a Samsung 43 in Class Crystal UHD Tu-8000 series. and it seems to have a matte finish my husband says isn't right. The picture is fine..but might be better.. Is there a film that should be removed over the screen. Plastic film came off all along the edges of the tv. but I am not sure about the screen. I CHATTED with 2 online Samsung assistants and one said take it off it is just a protective film and the other said take it off and then changed his mind and said not to in case it wasn't there. Suggestions? PLEASE!! thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes
bbwest
Journeyman
Options

thanks so much.... I did see that but someone else said you do not actually see him taking it off and other commentors said they tried and only got it half way off and ruined it. then I did talk to via chat samsung and got conflicting information. crazy that samsung does not know! there was an unboxing video of same tv where he sets it up without taking anything off the screen. all too unknown. Sending it back. I will get another kind. Thank you for answering. !  

0 Likes
PorkChopKid
Apprentice
Options

I screwed up and removed what I thought was a protective film on this TV.  The TV is destroyed.  I put together this short video to describe/show what the film looks like.  Again, DO NOT REMOVE THIS FILM.  This TV is the first device I've seen without a protective film to peel off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htsLNkLjLvA

lindatonya
First Poster
Options

There is NOT a removable film on the Series 7 43” Samsung Crystal UHD TV.  Hubby made mistake of peeling from corner and ruined tv by removing the component that makes screen viewable (gray film).  Directions should include a notation or there should be a removable sticker on the screen indicating there is no film to remove since previous versions have included film that needed to be removed.

BrisLin
Journeyman
Options

I've had the same issue occur. Unfortunately, I hadn't read these posts beforehand, so ruined the TV at unboxing by removing the film. Ridiculous that it wasn't sealed to ensure it wasn't removed in error, and also that there was no warning affixed to the screen. Samsung is refusing to cover this as it's a "user error". The cost of repair has been quoted as nearly 90% of the cost of purchase. Won't be buying anything from Samsung again.

0 Likes
Musicman68
First Poster
Options

For those who are not sure.  If you look at the edge of your tv screen closley you can see the protective cover's edge  up against the bezel. It looks like a thin piece of plexiglass. You can tell that it is not a thin piece of shipping material and it should not be removed. I had this issue yesterday when I brought home a new tv. There was plastic around the bezel that looked sloppy but I could not tell if that was part f the protective coating. Turns out it was just protecting the edges and I was able to pull it off. It is fairly easy to rell. Support was not much help when I orogonally contacted them.  There should be some sort of warning letting you know but I guess that would be to easy.

0 Likes