Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung TV and Bose Lifestyle System

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 08:43 AM)
Pudida
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a spanking 65" Samsung Smart TV (UE65TU7000K) and was pleased to find it comes with a universal remote.  The remote can power on and control my old Bose Lifestyle v20 system and playout whatever source it powers on with.  However it cannot control the input sources to the Bose it self.  i.e. I have 4 devices connected to the Bose each of which counts as a different source  Sky, DVD, Freeview and Console (with their own volume and input) and I have to manually switch the source on the Bose unit to select the source. 

Google hasn't yielded much so does anyone here have experience of fixing this - or is it back to a true universal remote such as my logitech harmony? 

5 REPLIES 5
Doddsy
Student
Options
I seem to be having a similar problem, I have a new Samsung Q95 with its own control unit, I want to have the surround sound from my Bose lifestyle 150 but not able to get tge sound connection between the two units. followed the HDMI route and tried the optical route but its still only tge tv speaker that works. LOOSING THE WILL
0 Likes
Ginrhom
First Poster
Options

Hi. How did you pair your remote with the lifestyle v20?

i used the paring menu, selected the right external source and Bose home theatre. The first 6 trials fail. Then I select manually the bose lifestyle v20 in the list, but the next 2 trials fail too.

i performed the trials both selecting the tv source and on the system menu

Any tip?

i

0 Likes
Willco Electronics
Apprentice
Options

The Bose remote uses a radio link at 27.146 megahertz (It’s in the of the CB radio band) to the V20 main MC1 unit.  I have a Samsung S95C and the remote is a Bluetooth link.  As far as I can tell, the  TV is designed, to send commands to the Bose via the HDMI #3 (eARC) port.  I was able to turn the TV on/off using the Bose remote but not the other way around.

0 Likes
Willco Electronics
Apprentice
Options

When the TV is off, and after 1 to 3 minutes, the Samsung S95C switches to an energy saving mode and only draws 1.4 watts off the 120v AC mains. 

I use a smart plug strip that detects when the TV is turned off and enters the sleep mode. It then disconnects the AC mains to the Bose.  The only drawback is, when the TV is turned on, the smart plug strip reconnects the mains to the Bose but the Bose didn’t turn-on. I need a way for the TV send the turn-on signal to the Bose after the TV powers up?

0 Likes
Willco Electronics
Apprentice
Options

I had no problem paring the Bose V20/MC1 to my Samsung S95C.  Using the TV’s paring utility, On the Bose remote, I used the TV on/off button. Not the All Off button and it pared on the first try.

0 Likes