Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung TV, 3 problems, help please

(Topic created on: 12-02-2019 06:46 PM)
DrPips
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I've recently bought the UE49NU7100 tv and like it so far, but I have 3 issues that I'd like to resolve.

1) TV+.  I don't want the annoying adds to show up, they aren't suitable for my children and I don't want them.  I've tried gonig into channel list and deleting them, but then when I turn the TV off and back on again, they're back.  Surely there must be a way of removing them?

2) When trying to watch Amazon Prime app, there's no sounds.  I'm guessing that's something to do with the audio codecs.  I had a similar problem with the plex app, but was able to disable dts on that.  I can't find any audio settings in the Prime app to tinker with.  I haven't tried Netflix as I don't have an account, but presumably this would be the same.

3) The remote that came with the TV seems great, but is there a way of getting it to control Sky? That's probably the least important, as I have a Harmony remote, but just wondered.

I'd really appreciate any help people are able to give with these.

TIA,

Dom

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@DrPips wrote:

Hi all,

I've recently bought the UE49NU7100 tv and like it so far, but I have 3 issues that I'd like to resolve.

1) TV+.  I don't want the annoying adds to show up, they aren't suitable for my children and I don't want them.  I've tried gonig into channel list and deleting them, but then when I turn the TV off and back on again, they're back.  Surely there must be a way of removing them?

2) When trying to watch Amazon Prime app, there's no sounds.  I'm guessing that's something to do with the audio codecs.  I had a similar problem with the plex app, but was able to disable dts on that.  I can't find any audio settings in the Prime app to tinker with.  I haven't tried Netflix as I don't have an account, but presumably this would be the same.

3) The remote that came with the TV seems great, but is there a way of getting it to control Sky? That's probably the least important, as I have a Harmony remote, but just wondered.

I'd really appreciate any help people are able to give with these.

TIA,

Dom

I think with the sound its dolby digital + with Netflix and Amazon. Not DTS.

Paul

0 Likes
DrPips
First Poster
Options

So do you know why the sound wouldn’t be working?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@DrPips wrote:

So do you know why the sound wouldn’t be working?

Try checking its set to DD output.

DrPips
First Poster
Options
Sorry to sound simple, but on what? The TV or on the app? I can’t find any settings in the prime app
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@DrPips wrote:
Sorry to sound simple, but on what? The TV or on the app? I can’t find any settings in the prime app

Its in the TV menu under audia. You will see different options and try a few.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DrPips With regard to the other issues   , did you go through fellowing method to delete channels?

1. On Home Screen, highlight the TV Plus, press down and select 'Remove'. TV Plus will still appear as an available source.
2. Select TVPLUS from source menu. Access Channel List either by Pressing “CH List” on standard remote or press & hold the “Guide” key on the Smart remote.
3. Press “Right” & “Up” to select “Edit Channels”
4. Check the “All Channels” box then move across to “Delete” to delete the channels.
5. Once deleted press “Home” and select  HDMI Source.

If does not have desired affect try a Factory Reset of TV, has worked for some customers.  More information on this thread   https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/TV-Plus/m-p/505175#M11307

To use the Smart Remote as Universal Controller see this guide:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050204/     However  if you have Harmony Remote may well be best method.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Wonka70
Apprentice
Options

Something similar: my Universal Guide is only showing two channels for “popular now”. I used to get,  and still want, “showing now”, but that has disappeared. That was great, showing a good list of suitable show choices and not just a list of “TV Plus” films. They were there, but at the end. Now I get two random “popular now” choices. Rubbish.  I want it how it was. Not sure why or how it defaulted to this. Any ideas how I can get it back?

0 Likes