Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SAMSUNG SMART-TV WITH WAS0003 ERROR #HELP

(Topic created on: 19-02-2019 11:00 PM)
KasperIlse
Student
Options

Hey Everybody, 

We just bought a brand new SAMSUNG UE43MU6100 smart-tv. We connected it to our Wi-fi and it worked perfectly fine. 

It's a week old now and the internet just stopped connecting two days ago. It work on LAN-connection but no other Wi-Fi source. 

When we reset the network and try again, it says it's 'connected but no internet'. We would like our tv to work on the Wi-Fi because of the cables. We tried to contact samsung via Facebook. They get you trough some steps. They all didn't work. (for example: putting the DNS to 8.8.8.8).

When trying to connect to some apps, we get WAS0003 error.

Anybody else having this problem and knowing how to fix it? please HELP

Thank you!

20 REPLIES 20
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi KasperIlse,

just try to unplug the power cable from the tv for two minutes, then try to connect to the network .

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KasperIlse wrote:

Hey Everybody, 

We just bought a brand new SAMSUNG UE43MU6100 smart-tv. We connected it to our Wi-fi and it worked perfectly fine. 

It's a week old now and the internet just stopped connecting two days ago. It work on LAN-connection but no other Wi-Fi source. 

When we reset the network and try again, it says it's 'connected but no internet'. We would like our tv to work on the Wi-Fi because of the cables. We tried to contact samsung via Facebook. They get you trough some steps. They all didn't work. (for example: putting the DNS to 8.8.8.8).

When trying to connect to some apps, we get WAS0003 error.

Anybody else having this problem and knowing how to fix it? please HELP

Thank you!

Hi @KasperIlse  There was a recent update on 20 August  for your  UE43MU6100 set  (1240.7)so could update via USB to see if that makes any difference . I know you have been on to Samsung support, however have you also tried resetting the router and trying DNS setting of  8.8.4.4.     Certainly switching off power for a short period as @7alhoul suggests woukd be an idea.    However if all fails and it is a recent purchase, you would certainly be able to seek redress from retailer.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

KasperIlse
Student
Options

Hey, 

yeah, we saw that there was an update. Working on that now thanks!

We tried disconnecting the power for like 10 minutes. It looked like it worked. But the next morning the problem was back. 

The Router is not the problem cause all our other devices work fine. The tv won't connect to another hotspot either. 

We haven't tried 8.8.4.4 yet. Thanks, we'll try. 

Thank you!!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @KasperIlse,  Pity some of the fixes do not make a difference.   Let us know if the update and  DNS Setting of 8.8.4.4  offers a solution.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Artur9
First Poster
Options

Hello. I own Smart-tv for more than a year. And I’ve always had this problem. Sometimes YouTube Netflix or other programs connect at the first time, sometimes keeps showing this error, so I cancel and try to connect programs again. On 2nd or 10th time it connects.

nothing helped

0 Likes
samaral01
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Having the same problem. When i hit Smart TV i get: "...This functionality requires net acces: WAS0003"

It is not the router has i have another Samsung Smart TV and its working.

Rrrrrrrrr
Apprentice
Options
Do a factory reset on the TV. It worked for me.
0 Likes
dadon
Student
Options

Gleiche Probleme seit Update  1231.1 .Kein Internet Verbindung (was0003) verbunden mit Kabel. Reset nichts gebracht, auch durch Fernverwaltung.  

0 Likes
samaral01
Apprentice
Options
Solved by simply unpluged/plug turn on tv and hit smart button... happened twice. Amazing
0 Likes