Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Neo 55" tv, not loading netflix, Update option greyed out software version 1304.1

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 05:59 PM)
WadoAdi
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have the above tv now for around 4 weeks and generally love it, however twice now i have not been able to launch Netflix, I just get a black screen. in support the software update is greyed out, as is device care. 

Unplugging the tv from the mains and plugging it back in fixes all of the above issues for a week or two. 

I'm assuming there is a memory leak in the netflix app or smart hub or something is blocking the loading. other apps still load ok

Is anyone else having this issue or have a better fix?

Tv is connected to the internet via ethernet

TV model: QE55QN95BAT

Software: 1304.1

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @WadoAdi You do have the latest firmware, 1304.1 was just released 8 August.   However software updates should at least  be accessible as long as source is Tv. otherwise can be downloaded to USB  via  the samsung support site.

Firstly I would suggest reinstalling the Netflix app via Apps-Settings  to see if that makes a difference https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-manage-apps-on-my-smart-tv/  However if not would recommend  trying a   Factory Reset.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

WadoAdi
First Poster
Options

thanks, I have reinstalled Netflix, no option to uninstall as it's one of the shipped apps, selecting the option to reinstall seemed to reinstall the app.

the very next day I had the same issue.

repetitively hit home followed by Netflix it did load without unplugging the TV. next time it happens I will leave it on the black screen for 10 mins and see what happens!

0 Likes
WadoAdi
First Poster
Options

Just waiting doesn’t work.

however switching between the black Netflix screen and the the tv Home Screen works are about 5 or switches!

I hope @samsung fix this soon! 

0 Likes