Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

NEW FIRMWARE FOR UE43KS7500U IS CORRUPT.

(Topic created on: 08-12-2016 11:59 AM)
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

recent purchaser of the afore-mentioned tv and i have an issue with the PVR.

I wish to upgrade to the latest version 1154 (T-JZMDEUC)  - posted 06/12/16 yet the package will not extract with winRAR or 7zip - both giving a corrupt/bad file message.

I have a Transcend 1T drive plugged directly into the 'connect one', the tv recognises the HDD and i am able to record from the tv onto the drive, my issue is:

the tv will not play what it has recorded. I understand this update will fix the problem?

I do not wish to return the TV -IT LOOKS GREAT - but if I cannot use the PVR the tv is useless to me.

many thanks

Tebbo

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey Tebbo, thanks for posting!

We do apologise for this! We've got our top guys working on replacing the update file, so do check back tomorrow, we hope to have it available for you then. 

We're not aware of any problems with the PVR function. Has it suddenly stopped working, or has it never played the recorded files? Did you format the drive when you first plugged it into the TV? Do you have another drive that you can try?

Let us know how you get on.

KellyM

0 Likes
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

hi KellyM

The tv is a new purchase so i am unable to tell you if the issue was a latent one, however i can state that i have tried several other devices (USB pen drives of varying sizes and other HDDs (both FAT and NTFS)) and the issue remains.

Needless to say, with the unit being new i wish to update to the latest FW version anyway but when challenged the OTA update states "none available" yet your own support page quotes 1154 as the latest version - hence my need to update via USB.

Other than this issue, the tv looks amazing - no complaints at all but if i cannot get the PVR issue resolved it will unfortunately have to be returned to the store.

hope this all helps.

regs Tebbo

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

We're glad you're enjoying your new TV, we'll do our best to get to the bottom of this for you!

Are you recording Freeview or Freesat channels? Are the drives that you've tried empty and without any partitions? Are you receiving any error messages when you try to play the content back? Can you try the HDD in all USB ports and let us know if you get the same result?

Do keep checking back for the update file, we hope to have this available soon.

KellyM

0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hey Tebbo!

We've had confirmation from our engineers that the files are now good to go! You can download the update here!

We'd be keeen to know if the issue that you've been experiencing with PVR has been resolved. Let us know how you get on. 

EmmaS

0 Likes
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

morning KellyM

I am able to record Freeview on all ports of the tv using new/used/partitioned/formatted USB sticks/HDD of all sizes. I am also able to see the recorded files within the 'recordings' section of the hub, which indicates to me that:

a) the tv recognises all the units plugged into it.

b) is able to record from the tuner onto the unit. (or at least builds a folder - implying it can record)

c) fails - without a prompt - to replay that recording on the tv.

whilst i am prepared to wait for a few days for an update, if i cannot view recordings soon then i'll return the tv for my second choice, an LG.

regs.

0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Just to confirm, have you updated the software since this has been fixed by our engineers? If not, you can download it here! 

Let us know how you get on :manhappy:

0 Likes
Solution
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

can confirm the updated software now works as expected and i am now able to record  -and play - freeview programs since the latest update.

many thanks to all involved for a speedy response, ....  now to fully enjoy my new Samsung tv . :smileyhappy: