Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware 1371 update issue!

(Topic created on: 03-11-2020 07:42 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options
For some reason it seems a little drop in picture quality after new firmware 1371 update on my Q90R 65", has anybody noticed, 1361 was perfect though 🤔
7 REPLIES 7
seangmurphy
First Poster
Options

How is this showing?  I have Q85R 65” and wondering if it’s a setting check or something else?

0 Likes
nazbobby
Explorer
Options
seems less details it was amazing with 1361 firmware, 4k looks like 1080p and sdr looks bit bad, don't know I could be wrong?
admstudios
First Poster
Options

on the Q60 brighter areas looks a bit more higher , and what was the purpose of that new firmware ?

0 Likes
NoBangallBuckSams
Journeyman
Options

Yeah I do agree I don't know what's going on I've got a Q80R and its done the same.. now I'm constantly trying to adjust my picture to get it right. But I have no plans on ever buying a Samsung TV again. They're all bucking no Bang

NoBangallBuckSams
Journeyman
Options

I am just wondering what these firmware and software updates even do. Do they add any more features like 2.1 HDMI to the at least 2019 Q80R- 90 Model tvs. Do they make them work better or is it just to make you Feel like something good is happening.. Samsung is not known for giving bang for the buck. I mean my Q80R 65" is still blooming as ever and this New 1371 Update seems to have done Nothing.. Even tho I can Never seem to find any Notes on these updates and what they are or do.. 

NoBangallBuckSams
Journeyman
Options

I can tell you the problem is it's a Samsung TV. You're buying an LCD TV at a high price.. it's a high-priced TV that has less features and not as good picture quality.. I myself owned a 65" Q80R and i can tell you the Quality is not near as good as my 2017 LG.. But I wanted an upgrade and I did not want an OLED TV cause I Play Offline Action RPGs and didn't want Burn in and my House gets Bright Durning the Day and OLED Tvs are not that Bright.. The Q80R was the best of the Bad Bunch cause the 2019 Nano9 LG TV SUUUCKS.. but honestly I don't even think these updates actually do or add anything. I think it's just everybody likes updates because it makes you feel like something good is happening

0 Likes
RubDub
First Poster
Options

Well, apparently the Q80R in USA and Brasil now supports 4k120 after the latest update. Mine (Q80RAT) still doenst support it...hope Samsung figures this out as we should have the same features.

0 Likes