Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware 1233 for 2016 models

(Topic created on: 25-04-2019 08:04 PM)
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

The new 2016 TV firmware version has been released. I think it's absurd after the 1239 firmware was released in Italy. I ask those who don't have the 1239 version to try to install the 1233 to understand what the 1233 has different than the 1239. For 1239 users it's impossible to update firmware tv to 1233.

Saverio Casadidio
39 REPLIES 39
rozel
Voyager
Options

If you read the transcript carefully (please use a good translator) 1233 does not allow HDR/HLG over HDMI. 1239.1 is the latest, at least for my KS9500 and does allow HDR/HLG overHDMI

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

If you read the transcript carefully (please use a good translator) 1233 does not allow HDR/HLG over HDMI. 1239.1 is the latest, at least for my KS9500 and does allow HDR/HLG overHDMI

It's took a long time for Samsung to get that sorted,  but does it actually now work?  Just asking before some here try to rip my head off! 

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options
Yes rozel, but why 1233 in OTN and not 1239? Why 1239 only with USB pendrive?
Why Hlg over HDMI not for all?
It makes no sense for a company to produce a firmware and then go back to a previous firmware.

I think the 1233 has security implementations that 1239 does not have.

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

As I said, the transcript  endeavours to explain this - as I said use a good translator.  1233 has app enhancements only apparently and those are included in 1239.1

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options
Ok. I understand Rozel. But for me 1233 has security implementation.
Is a no sense 1239 not OTN. Why this?

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Don't ask me! Read/translate the Transcript or speak with Samsung please.

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options
I would like to know from Samsung not from you, Rozel.
Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Thank you Saverio, I thought you were talking to me - very sorry.  I trusted everything that I was told in the Transcript though - he referred to his manager a couple of times and I think the explanation given regarding 1233 is perfectly sound.  So if you were to check with Samsung, I guess they will say the same.  In the meantime I am very pleased with 1239.1 on my TV - last night my wife took a 30-day free offer from Netflix (Ultra Premium) and before she took over, I was able to view lovely 4K UHD HDR Films - they seemed perfect to me :smiling-face: :smiling-face: :smiling-face:  Again this was via my Roku Streaming Stick Plus.

Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

ERCOLINO of Digital forum asked me to post this link.
1233.0 and 1239.1 are the same upgrade with HLG

https://www.digital-forum.it/showthread.php?194610-Sky-4K-su-Sky-Q-valutazioni-tecniche-e-domande-su...

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

I personally do not think so.  The Transcript shows I was specifically advised 1233 DOES NOT HAVE HLG OVER HDMI CAPABILITY.  I repeat 1239.1 is the latest firmware and is the only firmware released so far with it.  Of course I am going off what I was told by Samsung and it was Samsung UK.

0 Likes