Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 23-04-2021 07:58 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

He

He is wrong, as the Q90R does NOT have HDMI 2.1 and sure, you can play games in 120hz, but never in full 4K with HDR and VRR enabled. You will have to play with subsampled colours. I suggest you join this QLED Owners group with nearly 8000 members and you will find your answers. 👍🏼

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2238946403021547/?ref=share

0 Likes
MajkAlfa
Journeyman
Options

Thank You Humorsopa. Unfortunately have no FB and it looks like this group is closed. So what is Input Signal Plus is for?

Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Strange. It's not a closed group. 🤔

Well, basically input signal plus should always be enabled on all inputs as it optimises the tv for 4K (UHD) content. Actually you shouldn't even be bothered to change anything as the tv should acknowledge UHD content automatically and automatically turn on input signal plus. It does on all of my three Samsungs. 

MajkAlfa
Journeyman
Options

82D5C909-E6B1-49E3-8977-C5154783B7CE.jpeg

Look

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Yes. You just have to press "Join Group" and then wait for being accepted. 😊 They do this so no fake accounts or bots etc. gets in. 

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

@MajkAlfa But of course you have to have a FB account in order to be able to press "Join Group". 

0 Likes
Kaenge
Apprentice
Options

It has now been confirmed by Samsung that the 2019 Q90R TV will NOT receive the promised eARC update.

1E9A76D9-AE91-444D-A2D2-CF058FC3E3A5.jpeg

0 Likes
Aarondent
Journeyman
Options
So what does that mean for the people who bought the TV on the promise of the upgrade? Will they offer compensation??
ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

If by “compensation” you mean “the middle finger”, they already did.

Kernow74
Apprentice
Options
Any news on the hdmi 2.1 connect box for q900r, had this TV since release still not heard anything? Was promise by the retailer but have heard nothing 😔
0 Likes