Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 16/01/21 22:10)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options
TV

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

193 REPLIES 193
reaper
Options
TV
I was told the Samsung was future proof..rang Samsung. does not include the hdmi port total rip off ..won't ever buy Samsung again
GreywolfinCZ
First Poster
Options
TV

I'm 65" Q9FN (2018) owner from Europe. I wrote here some weeks ago. 
And I see there are still no positive news about the promised HDMI 2.1 upgrade... And my expensive, almost new TV is not able to handle HDR in 4k and 120Hz from my PS5. 

What a mess.

Samsung advertised futureproof product and those displays are able to run it if One Connect Box is upgraded. If upgrade for my 2018 flagship is not available then:
1) I will never buy any Samsung product again.
2) I will tell all my friends to avoid Samsung and I will explain them why.

Anders1973
First Poster
Options
TV

I have just been on to sales support as I have the 2018 Q900R 65" and on the Samsung website https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q900r/ it still has the small print (just above the Airplay 2 stuff) stating the following: 2) Will provide complimentary upgrade for HDMI 2.1 support when available. Please contact customer support for more details.

I want it for Xbox Series X. They have taken my details and given me a reference number, will wait to hear what they come back with.

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Navigator
Options
TV

Sorry to bring the bad news to you. The new box you are going to get for your 2018 Q900RA will not have a full HDMI 2.1 compatible port in slot 4. It only brings a feature of it. The possibility to run in 8k@60Hz, nothing else. So, with XBOX Series X you will not be able to run in full RGB 4K@120Hz unfortunately.

If you have had the 2019 Q950R, then it would have full support HDMI 2.1 in port 4. 

0 Likes