Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 07:28 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
reaper
Apprentice
Options
I was told the Samsung was future proof..rang Samsung. does not include the hdmi port total rip off ..won't ever buy Samsung again
GreywolfinCZ
Student
Options

I'm 65" Q9FN (2018) owner from Europe. I wrote here some weeks ago. 
And I see there are still no positive news about the promised HDMI 2.1 upgrade... And my expensive, almost new TV is not able to handle HDR in 4k and 120Hz from my PS5. 

What a mess.

Samsung advertised futureproof product and those displays are able to run it if One Connect Box is upgraded. If upgrade for my 2018 flagship is not available then:
1) I will never buy any Samsung product again.
2) I will tell all my friends to avoid Samsung and I will explain them why.

Anders1973
Student
Options

I have just been on to sales support as I have the 2018 Q900R 65" and on the Samsung website https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q900r/ it still has the small print (just above the Airplay 2 stuff) stating the following: 2) Will provide complimentary upgrade for HDMI 2.1 support when available. Please contact customer support for more details.

I want it for Xbox Series X. They have taken my details and given me a reference number, will wait to hear what they come back with.

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Sorry to bring the bad news to you. The new box you are going to get for your 2018 Q900RA will not have a full HDMI 2.1 compatible port in slot 4. It only brings a feature of it. The possibility to run in 8k@60Hz, nothing else. So, with XBOX Series X you will not be able to run in full RGB 4K@120Hz unfortunately.

If you have had the 2019 Q950R, then it would have full support HDMI 2.1 in port 4. 

Badgerbaws
First Poster
Options
I have been quite loyal to Samsung and have a watch a phone a soundbar and a Q90R TV. Their lack of response to these posts says it all. The Q90R TV and Soundbar are great but the lack of HDMI 2.1 option or option to purchase a new OCB is unacceptable. No more Samsung products for me.
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah, it's quite remarkable. Weren't you, just like me who owns a Q950R among others, also promised eARC in a software update? Samsung has stalled it, over and over and over again... Telling everyone different stories depending on who you are talking to. But yes, oh yes, we are releasing it in an upcoming firmware update. Just wait a little while. We have been waiting over a year. Some even nearly two now. Now they are saying that my tv will get it in May, that is for certain! Right, if it haven't happened already after 50 different statements that obviously has been lies, why should it happen now? And how come they don't even bother talking to their high end gear customers in their own forums??!!!! Why??!! Oh, and one more thing. They actually have said something. That is that you @Badgerbaws and thousands, maybe hundreds of thousand, Q90R owners, are NOT going to get eARC! Isn't it wonderful??!! I bet Samsung won't bother answering this either. Why would they. Even when having the most ignorant support there is, hey, why should they care??? They still sell most tvs in the world in 2020... Mission completed, and don't care about the customers. We got their money....

This is so beyond acceptable behaviour that it isn't even possible to be described in words. Samsung... You should be taken to court and pay for your disgusting behaviour! 

Aarondent
Journeyman
Options

I have contacted samsung today and have been told to call back in a month or so for the upgrade due to some issues with engineers and lockdown?? Also i left a message on their facebook page and they dont have a clue.

We need a platform where we can all bombard samsung for them to follow up on their promise to their customers. This TV wasn't cheap and i expect them to deliver.  

0 Likes
MajkAlfa
Journeyman
Options

Was calling Samsung support 20 minutes ago here in US. Very nice gentleman walked me through and advised that all 4 ports in Q90R tv box support 120Hz. It’s available on their website and be clearly indicated as video motion rate 240. We just must activate this feature in menu. General -> External Device Manager -> Input Signal Plus.

Link and screenshots attached below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-qled-tv-q90r-series

D211E286-93B3-4C9F-A2AE-4C2A9065D0E6.jpeg

D167BBB0-79D6-4A4F-9CF1-9915CED76D1D.jpeg

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Of course all ports support 120hz as it is a 120hz screen, and input signal plus has been talked about for ages. Not sure what you got out of that info? There is nothing new in what he told you. Just curious what your question to him was? 

0 Likes
MajkAlfa
Journeyman
Options

Asked him if with this box and this TV will be able to play 4k games on PS5 in 120Hz and if this TV has HDMI 2.1. He did say yes.

If you say he’s wrong, let me know how I should ask the question?

0 Likes