Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 11:17 AM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Pretty much so yes. No HDMI 2.1 but can do 4k@120hz subsampled to chroma 4:2:0, no RGB. It uses HDMI 2.0b which only can handle 24GB/s instead of HDMI 2.1 standard 48GB/s. 

0 Likes
Portowiec
Explorer
Options

It's nice if someone checked whether the box with TV connectors from 2020, which is equipped with a 2.1 connector, works with our TV, i.e. q90r. That would settle the matter. It is possible, but we will not find out without checking it. Does anyone have such a possibility?

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

I'm sorry to say, that only the boxes that were specifically made for the Q90R, works with Q90R. It's been debated over and over. But at least that gives you an answer. 

Portowiec
Explorer
Options

Is there any device / switch that will give real HDMI 2.1 after connecting to the TV? In fact, only the lack of a 2.1 connector blocks our TV from using it fully.

0 Likes
madvisionz
Apprentice
Options

Maybe the HDFury Arcana?

0 Likes
Portowiec
Explorer
Options

I am asking this because I understand that there is no chance that we can buy a new HDMI 2.1 box from Samsung. I am looking for some other solution because I do not want to think about buying a new TV after a few months. There must be some cheaper solution

0 Likes
Portowiec
Explorer
Options

I got this answer today from Samsung

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Service Center.

At the outset, I would like to apologize to you for obtaining incorrect information in a previous message. According to the documentation for the QE55Q90RATXXH model, the TV has one HDMI 2.1 connector. HDMI 2.1 connector is available at port no. 4. To use this port's capabilities, you must run the Extend Input Signal for this HDMI port. This function can be found in the Settings Menu -> General -> External Device Manager -> Input Signal Extender. It is also worth noting to take full advantage of the port's capabilities, you should also use an HDMI 2.1 cable.

I hope you find the above information helpful. I am happy to answer any further questions you may have

Portowiec
Explorer
Options

I have also provided information via Messenger. Here they indicate what supports our connector.

Screenshot_20201229-204054_Messenger.jpg

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Wow, someone has actually provided correct info at the support! 😲😳😆

Just remember this. There are a lot of "8K HDMI cables" out there. Most are good and SUPPORT all the features. But only one, yes you read it correctly, ONE HDMI cable is yet officially certified. And that's the Zeskit cable, this one :

https://www.amazon.com/48Gbps-Compatible-Netflix-Playstation-Samsung/dp/B07S1CGQ9Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dc...

Both 1 and 2 meters are certified, and I highly recommend it. It's at a good price as well. 

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

I don't read your language but it also supports 8k@60hz and 4k@120hz with VRR, HDR etc. 

0 Likes