Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 10:20 AM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

The Q9FN will unfortunately never get a 2. 1 box. Simple reason is that it was never meant to have 2.1. And, the boxes hardware is different from model to model. That means that it is not possible to use a box from let's say a Q900RB with a Q900RA. Same for Q9FN. Not compatible with boxes for other models. 

Onlinename
First Poster
Options

How do we go about getting a new connect box? 

0 Likes
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

you tell us

0 Likes
Killca_cze
Journeyman
Options

I would appreciate similar upgrade for my non Q samsung tv version, but still so expensive 82” premium version UE82NU8002T, two years at work making possible to fulfill this dream, it has 100/120hz panel, 4 hdmis 2.0 and now it doesnt work with xbox series x in 4k 120hz. It just needs one small quick firmware upgrade to make HDMI 2.1 from 2.0, nothing else 😢

0 Likes
HakanaiSeishin
Journeyman
Options

That's not at all true, you can't firmware update from HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 2.1. Thats like saying you can firmware update from an Intel Core i3 to an Intel Core i9, or from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0.

Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Nothing else? I'm sorry but you are totally wrong. Your tv and panel was never made to handle 2.1. A firmware update changes nothing. It's all about the hardware, and UE82NU8002T does not have hardware in the HDMI ports to be software updated to 2.1, neither do the rest of your tv. If you want to use 2.1 features your only option is to buy a new tv. 

WlLKO
Apprentice
Options

So the panel wouldn’t support the new one connect box?

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

No it won't. All OCB:s works only for the model they are made for. And making a new for that tv wouldn't make anything better anyway. Simply put, the panel of the UE82NU8002T can not handle and does not support the HDMI 2.1 standard. 

0 Likes
Killca_cze
Journeyman
Options

Weird, some ppl said its just about software, hw for hdmi 2.1 was ready even in 2018 and panel works in 120hz and hdmi connector is still the same.

0 Likes
MajkAlfa
Journeyman
Options

There’s not going to be issued new box for Q90R.

this is what I received from Samsung:

”I have researched the details and what I found is the upgrade connect box kit with HDMI 2.1 for the Q900 series in 65, 75 and 85 inch models and they have no upcoming plans stating they will make an upgrade kit for the Q90R series since the display does not support 8K.”

I believe everyone should stop speculations here. It’s not gonna happen.