Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 10:04 AM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

the fact that it may not be compatible with your model

0 Likes
WlLKO
Apprentice
Options

I am not understanding how it can’t be. If the panel is QLED and it’s connected by the one connect invisible fibre optic cable, what is stopping it?

0 Likes
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

go ahead and let us know what results you get.

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

The boxes are similar outside but not compatible on the inside 

0 Likes
Mrwolf786
First Poster
Options

Hi, how do I get the hdmi 2.1 connect box upgrade? 

0 Likes
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

@Mrwolf786  read the previously posts. no one got one yet

0 Likes
ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

Because it does not exist.

HakanaiSeishin
Journeyman
Options

Reaponding about RTX 3080 - I have a 3080 and a Q90R with newest firmware, port 4 is definitely just hdmi 2.0b which has always supported 4k120 @ 4:2:0. They have to offer us a new OneConnext box to get eARC and HDMI 2.1. Sucks spending 4k on a TV to get shafted like this, ill probably buy an HD Fury integral to get audio to my AVR while I wait and see if Samsung does anything. This TV may end up in my main room and my game room will get a different brand. It's bad enough I get warned that I'm not using an ARC port every time I turn on the TV when using port 4 through an AVR.

Samsung really needs to communicate with their customer base, especially with the new consoles out. It's pretty sad when you plug in the PS5 and the TV recognizes it as a game console but the TV can't tell the game console that it does 4k120 @ 4:2:0, again HDMI 2.1 OneConnect would fix this.

paperkat
Apprentice
Options

Atleast with the PS5 I am getting 4K 60 RGB HDR which is a start (friends with other tvs with hdmi 2.0b are getting the YUV422 variant)

in HDMI port 4 with input signal plus enabled.

Haven't had the chance to test a 4k120 game as I don't have COD Cold war - but other people with HDMI 2.1 TVs see that their TV is capable of HDR+120 Frequency on  the "Screen and video" menu on the ps5 and mine only goes up to 60hz

would be nice to know if there will be the mythical one connect box available with hdmi 2.1 although it seems very doubtful as im guessing its more down to the panel's capabilities but im not a tv wiz by any means

Q90R 75'

0 Likes
Neil14
First Poster
Options

Did you manage to get the upgrade. I have Q9FN 2018 does anyone know if or how I can obtain hdmi 2.1 connect box. Thanks 

0 Likes