Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 26-10-2020 02:09 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
CrazyLeoZ
Apprentice
Options

So I found out further disappointment today, the video below explains problems with these types of tv's. So in short even though our tv's have boat loads of features (q90, Q9fn, Q900) I was hoping that hdmi 2.1 would enable us to use all the features but it wont. Essentially the AI processors are not good enough to handle all that information. So even if you have the bandwidth the processor is inadequate. Samsung and other tv makers would have to build better processors and improve the whole architecture in order to get us the results we want but that would be a huge under taking and expensive which im not sure any tv company is ready to invest in.  The only way for gamers like me to get the most out of PC/Gaming Console you would need an upcoming Gaming Monitor which will be probably something from ASUS or ACER. I dont see any TV company being able offer all the goodies of HDR, Freesync Premium Pro/G-sync Ultimate, Game Mode Low Latency, full RGB or croma 444... not even LG CX series can bring all that at once, you will lose somethings because the cpus in the tvs are not good enough... maybe someday they will use AMD/Intel cpus and be able to do the full processing needed but until then these tvs will never be able to give you everything at once only either/or.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDKU8E9rJOc

CrazyLeoZ
Apprentice
Options

Heres another video from that tech tuber. In this he says all Hdmi 2.1 tvs are not going to work as intended, supposedly the Hdmi 2.1 chip is flawed something to do with not being able to process uncompressed data. Also he states all tvs released next year 2021 will not be fixed of this and we will not start seeing a proper working hdmi 2.1 until 2022 the earliest... So in the mean time i hope everyone enjoys what you have because no body has a perfect tv... Everyone is going to have problems and lack functions in the 4k120 area. I wish Samsung would have been straight forward just came out saying such things rather than letting everyone think they had something better than they do, but like i said all tv company's will be having problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCzitcu_ZRM

Anton774
Pioneer
Options

So really it would be more realistic a new connect box would be required for the HDMI 2.1 support than a single firmware update. Other models are already getting updated connect-box and I do believe the processor is in the connect box too. So the processor could be upgraded in the same progress. But samsung does already have a planed connect box coming out with the support for HDMI 2.1 the issue is just it doest not support the 90R line up as previously promised and for now just the 900 series

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

from which source do you take the information about the planned update for the 900 series? Would be great if you could provide reference to a Samsung statement or similar.

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

interesting video, this guy really has a good way to explain complicated subjects!  However to be precise: he said that if you connect the console to the TV via HDMI 2.1 you will probably not have a problem. The problem starts only if you put an AVR with HDMI 2.1 in between, as their HDMI 2.1 chips have a problem to process uncompressed data that will not be solved before 2022.

Of course, we all like to have an AVR in between the console  and the TV 😩

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

8.jpg

?????????

Anton774
Pioneer
Options

This information was provided by a Samsung support chat that the only connect box upgrade coming out was for the 900 series. If you do back to earlier post on this community you can read my post about that.

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

How is it possible that we get ignored by Samsung on a Samsung forum.... Moderators help us out here and give us some feedback... 

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

I'm going to contact headquarters to talk about the situation on this forum. It's unbelievable how we get ignored. I'll keep you all posted. 

Wheresmyhdmi21
Student
Options

Do we have any visual reference that shows support for 2.1 like op posted? (Box, poster, etc?)

0 Likes