Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 25-10-2020 02:50 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
oberon70
Student
Options

I agree that Samsung's support leaves a lot to be desired.    Especially since Craig Cunningham a senior product strategy manager for Samsung Europe had in several past interviews confirmed there would be an update for the Q90R TV's to 2.1. 

That is okay, I will live with the 82" Q90R for the next couple of years, but I won't be purchasing a TV from Samsung again.  I am just waiting for a 100" TV to be released and be about 10K in Australia. 

Pazuzu
Student
Options
also waiting on an update. would even be happy to pay a reasonable amount/contribution to a new box.
ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

@oberon70 They even "nurture" the confusion by sometimes saying the Q90R *is* eARC compatible. It happened to me on Twitter, and in the French forum (A reply "Yes" is validated as the correct answer to the question "Is the Q90R eARC compatible?".

0 Likes
CrazyLeoZ
Apprentice
Options

I really dont understand why Samsung is treating us this way and ignoring us. We all paid a premium for these tv's. It should be really easy for the Samsung techs to be able to reprogram/change the firmware of a Q900R one connect box and have it work for the Q90R. That would solve the eArc and hdmi 2.1 issue. Samsung please treat your customers better.

Options

Yeah totally agree after 8k on 2 of these hunk of junk im done. ***** I can get a vision for a quarter of the price that will actually do basic tasks.....shouldn't be that hard for a company like samsung...

As everyone is saying. That will be my last *****sung purchase 

0 Likes
Options

Isn't the only reason they went to 2.1 is because of bootleggers ? If so I hope someone hacks the hell out of it dumb *****s...that means no more 8k on a TV...no more smart phone...all because u decided to cheap out. At least from what I heard. Hasnt this hdmi tech been out for  years now? Like come tf on,  especially at these price points

Rellq9fn
First Poster
Options

I am currently a 2018 Q9Fn and owner .  Like You guys I have paid a lot of money for my TV (about 7000 with protection plan).  I Upset that we are not getting HDMI 2 .1 upgrade one connect boxs.  I feel like the only way for us (q9fn, and  q90) owners to get an upgraded one connect box is to stick together and sign a petition. We are stronger together. There is one for the q9fn already and I don't see them upgrading the 2018 and not the 2019 if it happens. During this time with this pandemic money is low and people have lost there jobs so this would make sense. I don't know all the q90 forums but if you guys do post the petition on there and let's do this together. Also post it on reddit but let's mention both models. 

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-samsung-q9fn-2018-one-connect-box-upgrade-to-hdmi-2-1?recruiter=112...

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

Do you read with us? Your customers are dissatisfied but you do nothing about it. We are pretty tired of being ignored. https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-q90r-qled-owners-and-discussion-thread.2218729/page-335

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

No hdmi 2.1, no filmmaker mode, no HGIG, no Dolby vision, no Earc and last but not least NO SUPPORT. Guess what I'm buying next time? 

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

@Anonymous User deleting my post will not help. Instead of trying to keep us mouthless better do something to solve the situation.