Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 01:50 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

Q90R does not support HDMI 2.1 officially or unofficially. HDMI 2.1 is able to transfer speeds up to 48gb and the Q90R has 3 HDMI ports that transfer at 18gb (HDMI 2.0) and one port that transfer at 24gb (HDMI 2.0b). Perhaps the TV will be able to play 4K at 120HZ at 4:2:0 but its not gonna be  able to do the 4K 120hz in  4:4.4 because of the limited speed of the HDMI port. An upgrade to the One connection box is essential for full specs

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

Look at what Sony announced today. Their ZH8 and X90 models fully support hdmi 2.1 as of today. Maybe my new television will be a Sony or LG. This thread is abandoned by Samsung. People are complaining but we do not hear a word from Samsung... 

ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

@120hz4k Even TCL is doing it : https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1602227734

T-effing-C-L!

And in the meantime Samsung jumped ship.

0 Likes
MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

Do you live on the moon it takes you so long?

0 Likes
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

A really good replacement option for the Q90R is the LG OLED55CX5LB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-OLED55CX5LB-Ultra-OLED-Smart/dp/B086DPY2CD

tom99
Voyager
Options

The eARC update is also discussed heavily in the German Samsung Community. I have asked one of the mods about an update for the Q 900. He replied that their will be no update for this 2018 model, but the 2019 models starting with the Q80R will receive the update. Unfortunately he did not mention any date.

GQ65Q800T
MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

i asked this at the Italian customer care

Hi, I purchased this product in April 2020 due to the fact that it supports, in the hdmi 4 port, the 4k signal at 120hz but the hdmi port in question seems to be hdmi 2.0b and not hdmi 2.1, it is close to the output of the xbox series x console that uses the 4k signal at 120hz but from hdmi 2.1, is there the remote possibility that in the future the tv will receive an update of the one connect box with hdmi 2.1? even for a fee, given the potential of the TV it would be a waste not to equip it with hdmi 2.1, it would also be a waste for me (of money) and I think also for other people like me who bought the TV just in view of the next gen console but they find themselves with the problem of not being able to make the most of it for this lack. Thanks, see you soon.

This is the reply

thank you for choosing our Email service!
I saw that he also spoke with my colleague Matteo in Live Chat, 
and I can confirm that at the moment we do not have the specifics of the updates that will come out in the future. Obviously it will be our goal, through future updates, to make the device more and more performing and competitive. For any further needs do not hesitate to contact me again. Good day.

ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

I also tried in the French section, but to no avail yet. On top of that, the post did not get any traction from other users.

MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

They reply me after one week 

0 Likes
120hz4k
Explorer
Options

And still we don't got a word from Samsung.....