Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 08:31 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

That's why the One Connect upgrade would be the best route : most of us would probably be willing to pay for it, while new customers will go for the new models (and not buy a 2019 tv + an additional One Connect box).

I am entirely willing to buy a new One Connect to get hdmi 2.1 capabilities, but I will not buy a Samsung TV again if they do nothing about this issue.  

120hz4k
Explorer
Options
MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

I have already seen this petition, but it is another tv, always samsung but from 2018, it would be nice to do it for the q90r

0 Likes
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjhCcpjZKko shame it didn't. This is all the way back in 2019

Anton774
Pioneer
Options

The petition says the Q90 series that includes the Q90r too, just to clarify

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

What is Samsung thinking? We do not respond on the matter and wait until the storm is over? 

0 Likes
LukeA1
Journeyman
Options

AFAIK the Q90R does support the HDMI 2.1 standard but unofficially. If they were to officially support it it would require them to cough up money to the HDMI foundation. We'll know for certain when the PS5 and XBox Series X comes out if that's the case

0 Likes
dayjob
Journeyman
Options

"AFAIK the Q90R does support the HDMI 2.1 standard but unofficially."

Sort of but no 4k with 4:4:4 (or full rgb) color support, and nothing above 60hz on 4k. Also it sometimes bugs out if trying to max out what options you can do with 4k gaming. I believe a hardware change is required to fully support what 2.1 offers.

0 Likes
MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

Q9fn (2018)

Screenshot_20201013_001927_com.android.chrome.jpg

Kas44
First Poster
Options

Cant they just sell the Q95T's one connect box, its basically the same tv but the 2020 model supports HDMI 2.1! Thoughts?