Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 02:57 AM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
reaper
Apprentice
Options
I spoke to Samsung and after spending over 2k on a TV its not going to get an upgrade as hdmi ports don't qualify as future proof ..last time I buy any Samsung product
RogerL
Journeyman
Options

Any news from Samsung relating to if they will be providing One Connect boxes for the Q90R? I’m in the same boat and would love to have the compatibility of HDMI 2.1

This is a response from one of the Samsung reps on Twitter....

91F8F620-0C1E-4DA3-A198-501EA6D5ECB6.jpeg

CrazyLeoZ
Apprentice
Options

I wonder if anyone has tried using a q900 box with q90 panel. It is very disappointing that the hdmi 2.1 is only going to be for the 8k model. I was hoping to have 4K 120hz and be able to us hdr and full chroma, but hopefully Samsung will either change their mind and offer an upgrade. I would be willing to pay for an upgrade if they came out with a box that had hdmi 2.1 on all the ports as well as a working Earc. Maybe at some point someone will find a way to mod these box’s to bring the performance that Samsung failed to deliver.

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

I've payed 6500 euro for this TV. When I bought it i was told that the one connect box of the Q90 Series will be upgraded to the new HDMI 2.1 standard. We'll look at where we are now... The new consoles will be shipped in less than a month from now and we still don't heard a word from Samsung. It's a bloody shame. I can assure you that if this TV will not be upgraded as promised I will never ever buy another Samsung product. I'm also interested if the q900 box can be used for our TV. 

MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

you said right, we spent money we earn working, they don't grow on trees, we hope they solve this situation

0 Likes
MarcoDeso
Explorer
Options

They won't update a ***** thing, we spent money to no avail

0 Likes
120hz4k
Explorer
Options

You can't deny that hdmi 2.1 is needed on the Samsung QLED Q90R 2019 models. Without hdmi 2.1 we can't make full advantage of the upcoming Xbox and ps5 consoles. Samsung made a mistake by not adding hdmi 2.1 on the QLED Q90R 2019 models. Samsung should fix their mistake. There is a one connect box available with hdmi 2.1. Please make it available for us. 

ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

Exactly this. Unfortunately, the total absence of reaction from Samsung is very telling.

Anton774
Pioneer
Options

I do believe there’s a product that could be made to improve and future proof current customers Samsung tvs with updates such as a 1000 mbps Ethernet Port, replacing one of the 3 type A USB port with a USB C port, upgrading the HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ports and as @AdrianS89 said getting Dolby Vision Support.

By making these changes a lot of current samsung customers would be pleased with the company and would end up spending more money to purchase such a product. The alternative seems most people who would be upgrading to HDMI 2.1 by buying a new Smart tv would be changing brand and platform in the same process.

There's a new video games consoles generation coming out soon with these features and I do understand as a fellow owner of the QQ90R series that it is frustrating to have a year old tv that is already being outdated because of lack of certain HDMI features.

To my understanding there is more Q90 series on the market than there is Q900 series and even tho the Q90 series does not support 8K displacement it could support 4K 120hz at 4:4:4 with a 48gb HDMI 2.1 port. I hope someone at Samsung read this communities cry f or help and supply the market with such a requested product.

Feel free to share this post on other platforms.

120hz4k
Explorer
Options

I can't agree with you more. The fact stands that the hardware is already available. Please swap the old one connect box for one with hdmi 2.1. This way you don't force us to buy a LG..