Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 12-09-2020 07:53 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @nazbobby 

We're starting to get back into the office now so this should be happening soon! Thanks for your patience.

Chrissage
Student
Options

Hey, please can you confirm the 2019 samsung q90r will be getting a hdmi 2.1 one connect box upgrade? I bought this tv last year and spent a nice chunk of money on it when tvratings said it had hdmi 2.1 on port 4. Also samsung said it was capable of 4k 120 hz. Turns out its not at full chroma 444 and therefor not getting 4k 120hz in full detail. I was and am still very dissatisfied and disappointed about this. So it would be nice to know if we will be getting a new one connect box with full hdmi 2.1 capability? Considering i bought your flag ship tv it would be nice to have the capabilities of a flag ship tv? 

Many thanks

Chris

AdrianS89
Apprentice
Options

+1

also want to know when and most importantly IF this will happen.

Chebattler
Explorer
Options

I have Q85, and I'm also interested if I can get Connect Box with HDMI 2.1, or if I can buy it? I want to have 4K&120hz , since Q85 is almost same level as Q90 and definitely higher than Q60T.

AdrianS89
Apprentice
Options

So guys, there’s an idea.

since samsung is taking forever to answer such darn easy question let’s take another approach. Let’s give them a couple more days. If the won’t do squat then we make this viral. Reddit will be up to it for sure. Either they care about their customers or they don’t give a ***** after they recieve the paycheck. One way or another they will have to explain themselves. It’s up to Samsung if they want to take 30 seconds and give us a COMPREHENSIVE answer we expect or deal with bad press after all of this hits the fan. I’m twice as disgusted since there was a mod seeing this topic so they are aware of this. Still taking a week with no responce whatsoever. All aboard?

Crak1985
First Poster
Options

I purchased Samsung Q90R last year. Will all owners get the new one connect box?

Anton774
Pioneer
Options

Just spoke to Samsung support team and they told me they are only making an upgrade connect box kit with HDMI 2.1 for the Q900 series in 65, 75 and 85 inch models and they have no upcoming plans stating they will make an upgrade kit for the Q90R series since the display does not support 8K.

AdrianS89
Apprentice
Options

The q90t doesnt support 8k either but supports hdmi 2.1. Theres more to hdmi 2.1 than just 8k samsung. So just keep your BS to yourself and admit you want to rip-off your customers to buy a step-down model just after they spent thousands of dollars for your flagship. Thats pathetic that you can upgrade the box cause its external but you are to greedy to do so. Me and no one I know will ever buy anything of yours after I show this to them. And buy the ***** dolby vision support it 2-3$ per unit you cheap greedy ppl...

ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

@ChrisM Does that implies that the eARC compatibility won't come as a firmware upgrade as previously indicated, but will come with a new One Connect kit with hdmi 2.1 capabilities? I'm ok with one or another, as long as at least one of them becomes true! :smiling-face: