Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JPhi @fembrey   Know it will be frustrating but as @AntS  has said the firmware for your models is not available yet. Hopefully it will not be too longa process. Personally not able to benefit myself in the near future anyway as latest model is a 2017 set  (there may be some hardware  limitations)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Dsmillie1
First Poster
Options
My nu7020 just updated to 1260 and still no Apple TV app!
0 Likes
Grantrburton
Apprentice
Options

Same story for the nu7120, updated to 1260 and even reset smart hub and Still no app or airplay functionality

0 Likes
spqr
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Can you please confirm if NU7020 will be eligable for the update as I'm finding it on some lists and not others? I'm happy enough to wait but I'd like to know if I should invest in an Apple TV dongle.

On another note, I cannot connect use the restart smart TV function as it says it's not available?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @spqr 

We are currently working on enabling this functionality for your TV & it will be enabled via a Firmware update. We have no timescale for this to occur but please ensure your TV firmware is always up to date.

0 Likes
spqr
First Poster
Options

Thank you. However, I cannot update my TV via the internet as it is greyed out and says 'This function is unavailable' despite my being connected to the internet (I know I am, as I'm currently watching youtube on it!). 

Thanks!

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's strange @spqr! It may be worth trying a reset of the TV. Note any adjustments you may have made to the settings of the TV will be returned to the default settings that the TV came with. To do this, go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. You'll then be asked to enter a 4 digit PIN code which is usually set to 0000 unless you've changed it. The TV will then run through the start up process.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Grantrburton
Apprentice
Options

Hello, can anyone give me an update to why the new firmware realised for the nu7210 has not activated the Apple TV app or airplay functionality?

thanks for the update. 

Ja5on
First Poster
Options

I’m still seeing no update to 1251 to 1260 via the tv update even though on the website you can download to usb, is there a reason why my QLED 6FN is showing me no update? Many thanks.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Updates are rolled out in batches and are subject to availability based on factors such as location and purchase date. If the update is currently unavailable via WiFi then you may wish to try downloading the file to a USB stick on the Samsung support page (Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1260.8 (MULTI LANGUAGE)). Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE82Q6FNATXXU/