Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Neuron wrote:

I have a UE65MU6200

software TKTMDEUC-1280.5,BT-S

I tried to reset the hub but I can't see the appletv app. This TV is only 2 years old and was a top of the range Samsung.

Please tell me the app is coming to this TV?

Hi @Neuron  Unfortunately you do have a compatible model,Apple Tv is not currently supported in pre 2018 models.  Even if you bought it later MU models were released in 2017.    List of supported devices is here https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-tv-app/devices/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
eptv
First Poster
Options
When I go into support > system diagnosis .. it says this function is unavailable. Not only can I not search for the latest update, I also can't soft reset the smart hub. My tv model is mu7070 (UE49mu7070TXXU). Is Airplay 2 available on this model? and if not, why isn't it available?
thank you
0 Likes
Neuron
First Poster
Options
This is based purely on the year and not the device capabilities right?

I'm assuming that the TV can handle the app but the fact that this is tied to a firmware update that Samsung don't wish to implement simply based on date is extremely poor customer service.

My thoughts are here that someone will work to extract the Apple TV application to be installed separately to circumvent this nonsense.

My next TV will NOT be a Samsung.
0 Likes
drkat
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have The Frame, bought in 2018 and don't have access to Apple TV - does anyone know if it should be available?

Model: UE65LS003

Software: T-KTMDEUC-1280.5, BT-S

Thanks in advance.

RU7170
First Poster
Options

Hi Dears,

any idea about my TV: UA50RU7170?

I have updated TV from setting, no 'airplay' in general menu nor smarthub!

mirror not availabe with my updated ios iphone.

No firmware update found in samsung support website.

help me please.

0 Likes
DjKelv1
Apprentice
Options

Did you trying plugging it out from the wall for a complete shutdown after the update? Power it back up and it will probably be there. I had same problem/solution myself.

0 Likes
RU7170
First Poster
Options

Hi,

yes!

turn off from wall after update done.

smart hub reset also not working😕

0 Likes
RU7170
First Poster
Options
I found an update for UE50RU7170 instead of UA50RU7170 in samsung Italy website, is it ok to update by usb or there might be a conflict?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @RU7170 ,

I can see that you have a non-EU TV as our product may vary depending on the region I would suggest reaching our team in your area to provide you with the right information as the software version here may be different than the one released there.

Find their contact details by tapping Contact us on the top of this page: https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/model/UA50RU7170UXTW/

0 Likes
adamXYL
First Poster
Options

Hello, I downloaded the firmware update, copied it to a USB drive, plugged it into my Samsung Frame UN55LS003AFXZA and it still says no updates available. It said last checked 2018 and the firmware I downloaded said it was released June 4, 2019. What am I doing wrong? I just want Apple TV Plus on my Frame.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes