Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 01:16 AM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
blanco21
Apprentice
Options

I have UE65LS003 and no way to have it 😞

0 Likes
sunargon
First Poster
Options

i purchased the RU7470 model few months ago. Apple tv wasn't pre-installed in my tv. Customer care from Samsung UK told me through chat that it is supposed to have the Apple tv app pre-installed, since it's a 2019 model. now i came to know from here that lots of people have this same issue, even though they have latest models. to solve this issue, i reset my tv to factory settings and also tried to reset the smart hub. but nothing worked. i request the Samsung support guys to fix this issue asap.

0 Likes
loniboy
First Poster
Options

Samsung is  just a bad company, they do not care  for the fact that some 2019 premium qled tv models don't have Apple tv app, while some other from same year had. I think it is time to start law  case against Samsung on EU commisssion court. What Samsung is doing are actualy fraud of customers . They are light years behind Apple in customer care, I will never buy product from  them.

0 Likes
sunargon
First Poster
Options
it's true. it's really disturbing.
0 Likes
Daveedjackson
Journeyman
Options

This is all likely to do with exclusivity and money. As a customer this isn’t good enough. There is ZERO reason older TVs cannot support it, just ask Disney plus or Netflix who still manage to make apps for every tv.  Disney released theirs a year or so after Apple TV+ and here we are months on with no coming support. Who is their right mind would purchase a brand new tv solely to access and app. I’d rather go out and just buy and Apple TV. This is absurd. SAMSUNG need to get a reality hit and sort their customer service out. It’s shocking. 

0 Likes
rud00
First Poster
Options

I own a QE55Q7FAM, firmware update does not provide Airplay 2 support.

This is a shame, this is a premium TV, and I paid premium price for it!

16 page of users requesting a feature that the hardware is more than capable of providing!

This is forced obsolecense!

Samsung, please update our firmwares!

Seasider
First Poster
Options

well well well how rubbish are Samsung
i have this model UE49MU6470U late 2017 it plays all the apps you don't want apart from the 1s we want Apple Tv ?
Samsung you need to sort your **** out absolute joke box I've got sat in the corner of my living room RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH
send the update to all the models stop messing about

M4nu
First Poster
Options

@rud00 have you got the Apple TV app ? I have the same model: QE55Q7FAM and I can not see the Apple TV app on mine.

Thanks

0 Likes
Members_aeQnRoF
First Poster
Options

75" Q7FAM - *****ty tv, *****ty samsung, NO Apple TV! - they advise me: buy new one, really ???

its only software! but for samsung rnd team its not fck possible... never ever samsung - its electro trash !!!!!

0 Likes
Pollock2425
First Poster
Options

My TV MODEL WHEN WILL UN497000 GET APPLE TV AND MUSIC?

0 Likes